đź’¬ OT đź¤¬ what made you say FUCK today?

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Man, so far I’ve only received one of four boxes from the brake calipers and rotors I bought on eBay. This was the listing
“2019 super clean low miles hardly no-ware less than 5k miles, Rotors are tight,straight,clean with no noise, I have them oiled up to keep them from rusting. Will fit 2015-2019 Scat Pack,SRT, Hell Cat.
Calipers are nice and clean with some small paint chips hardly noticeable loaded with a set of Power Stop Z26 Extreme Performance Brake Pads Z26-1405 the dust free brake pads with like 85% life left in them. A $85.00 Value, and they really do work, vary low dust on the wheels.”

“calipers nice and clean with some small paint chips”. I counted 25 paint chips and some look like they tried to touch up with a different color red ?

90% of the chipped paint aren’t in the photo on the listing. Nor is the touch up paint (it’s under the O In brembo on the pic I just took. Oh yeah, and the box showed up soaked in brake fluid.

I contacted the guy, I’ll see if he’ll give some money back, maybe I’ll get them powder coated. If not, probably gonna send them back.

top picture is mine, bottom from the listing

CBF4E687-897A-4B65-B4A6-44DBB45590B8.jpeg

25A7FD4A-0B46-49D0-94E1-99DC75D49E3F.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
So far this week: All three of my cars are down. Changed the battery in Amy's Hyundai and the trans started jerking on the 2-3 upshift. Tuffy said new trans. I checked the web and found people with the same exact problem who suggested re-teaching the trans. Did this and the car is fine. My Caddy is leaking antifreeze from either the radiator or a line. Gotta jack it up and go underneath to see. My son's Focus ST needs a clutch... again. Kids. Last time he got stuck in the mud in front of my home I had to drive it out. Learn to drive, son.

My dryer crapped out. Luckily, I bought it on Sept. 21, 2019 and it broke Sept. 21, 2020. Still under warranty. It's the electronic control panel, I'm sure. That's the washer and the dryer failing in less than 2 years and less than 1 year. No more GE products for me.

I bit into a bacon and chicken sandwich and lost a crown. The tooth next to it broke. Need 2 crowns and 1 root canal. This has not been a good week. FUCK is definitely warranted.

• Wow
Reactions: DEEZUZ

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Man, so far I’ve only received one of four boxes from the brake calipers and rotors I bought on eBay. This was the listing
“2019 super clean low miles hardly no-ware less than 5k miles, Rotors are tight,straight,clean with no noise, I have them oiled up to keep them from rusting. Will fit 2015-2019 Scat Pack,SRT, Hell Cat.
Calipers are nice and clean with some small paint chips hardly noticeable loaded with a set of Power Stop Z26 Extreme Performance Brake Pads Z26-1405 the dust free brake pads with like 85% life left in them. A $85.00 Value, and they really do work, vary low dust on the wheels.”

“calipers nice and clean with some small paint chips”. I counted 25 paint chips and some look like they tried to touch up with a different color red ?

90% of the chipped paint aren’t in the photo on the listing. Nor is the touch up paint (it’s under the O In brembo on the pic I just took. Oh yeah, and the box showed up soaked in brake fluid.

I contacted the guy, I’ll see if he’ll give some money back, maybe I’ll get them powder coated. If not, probably gonna send them back.

top picture is mine, bottom from the listing

View attachment 67831

View attachment 67832

Your pic is of the other side caliper vs. the listing photo

The black bleeder valve is on the top on each side and you can see the different orientation in relation to the "Brembo" logo. That doesn't negate the condition, just saying you're not comparing the same side.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
storage array rebooted during disk replacement. I have been telling them to get the fuck off this heap of shit.

The fuckwits installed a 520 byte per sector drive instead of a 512 byte per sector drive. Guy didn't want to come on the call for this precise reason.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Ordered front and rear Belltech shocks for my Escalade last Wednesday because my right rear Arnott shock is locked up. I want to get this shit done before we drive up to Door County. Still no tracking number and I’m running out of time to get it done. Not that it’ll take long to do but I have zero time as it is and I have to get the front compression done by someone, I hate compressing springs.
Got a new bed and put all the stuff back under the new bed which includes the glass table tops we don’t use but apparently we can’t throw away. When I got into bed I heard a nice loud pop that I figured was the new bed frame settling, got up to check and stepped in broken glass. Then I spent an hour vacuuming up broken glass and I have about 30 glass splinters in my hands and arms.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Turning a 2hr project into a 4hr project. Went to autozone and bought extractors, didn’t want to use them. Ended up with my big ass 6’5” 280lb self contorted in the wheel well with a ball peen hammer and a little nail get the cracked bolt extracted a 1/4 turn at a time.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Turning a 2hr project into a 4hr project. Went to autozone and bought extractors, didn’t want to use them. Ended up with my big ass 6’5” 280lb self contorted in the wheel well with a ball peen hammer and a little nail get the cracked bolt extracted a 1/4 turn at a time.

Fucking bear hands... ?

Yea you were cranking it

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Put Belltech shocks on the rear of the Escalade and brought the rear down another inch.....not what I wanted. Need to take the shock extenders off tomorrow. Rear took less than an hour for both sides.
Put the passenger front strut on in 45 minutes with a few breaks.
The next 3.5 hours was spent inventing new swear words and getting more and more pissed with every passing minute. Strut nut broke taking the old strut off, no replacement, no idea what size the bolt is, finally wound up using the grade 8 hardware from the new sway bar links that were supposed to go on.
Could not for the life of me get the fucking drivers side strut to seat!! Loosened the sway bar link, took off the sway bar link, loosened everything on the spindle, switched the passenger side strut to the drivers side NOPE! As I saw my pry bar bending I noticed the upper control arm was as far down as it could go because it was hitting the frame pocket it seats in and I needed the lower control arm to go down another 1/4” and there’s no way it was going to happen without compressing the spring. Most likely I need to have the spring compressed again and have one of the spacer rings taken out so I can get the fucking thing in.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
That sucks.

I wanted to finish my radiator replacement today but I got stuck at work until the afternoon and had people coming over for dinner. No time to start working on the car. I knew I'd be covered in grease and oil when they showed up if I started. Had to clean the house, too. Sucks when Amy is out of town.

My buddy loaned me his F-150 while my car is down but needs it tomorrow so he left his Genesis. I may need to invent an errand to take it out for a ride. Hopefully I get the Caddy finished tomorrow although it's football day so we'll see.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri

“Uh Oh”. Sorry but I laughed out loud when you said that.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Put the truck side bracket for the plow on the new Burb yesterday and it sits much lower (2") and much further out than my 1/2 ton Suburban. Not happy! The whole concept for getting the 2500, was for more ground clearance and better support for the plow and before I even mount the thing, it sits 2" lower.

Distance from pavement to top of mount bracket:
GMT400 = 17"
GMT800 = 15"

Thread Info