💬 OT ðŸ¤¬ what made you say FUCK today?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I’m sitting on the side of i55 right now cause a d-bag with no liscense just rear ended me in bumper to bumper traffic. I’m fine, car not hit to bad. Guy wanted to skate though. “I swear I have full coverage, I just don’t have a DL right now

Call his insurance on the spot to make sure its valid.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I’m sitting on the side of i55 right now cause a d-bag with no liscense just rear ended me in bumper to bumper traffic. I’m fine, car not hit to bad. Guy wanted to skate though. “I swear I have full coverage, I just don’t have a DL right now

No license. No insurance. Probably no permission to drive from whoever owns that car.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Did the police show up? I have found for minor accidents they don’t show, just say to exchange info. That can quickly fuck you. Tell the dispatcher that the other driver smells intoxicated to get ISP on the scene.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
its all good, allstate accepted fault and will pay the claim/cover the deductable/cover a rental for me. Honestly the damage is very minor. Still just sucks it happened.
Oh shit. Allstate. You are not in good hands with them. The g/f got rear ended by someone with Allstate. Took three weeks for just a bumper cover and had to fight them about it. Fuuuuuuuck them.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
i got fucked by a guy that "had insurance" his policy lapsed 3 days before the accident due to non payment. his insurance refused to reimburse my insurance. I'm out $500.00 he then pays up on his policy and gets his car fixed. been ~5 years, still out my deductible. even went to court to show proof he had no coverage at time of accident, they didn't care.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
there are places out there that insure drivers with no license. you are insuring the car, not the driver.
I'm glad that is out there (insuring the car, not the driver) but they shouldn't have been driving, period. You lose your license and need to work, get a hardship license. Granted with the covid shit you'd probably have to wait in line for like a week. If you're driving without a license you should be the most polite fuck out there driving defensively 110%....

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'vvvee got something for you...

j1FKNBp.gif

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I noticed a vibration driving my LBZ up to our cabin in northern Minnesotaon Sunday.
It came on about 70 and went away about 75 and a little strange tire wear on the driver's front tire.
I figured I'd get it checked out as it's a 400 mile drive home and don't want to have issues.
Took it to a local shop with lots of good reviews figuring on maybe a wheel bearing or tie rod end.
They just called and said it needs ball joints, center link, tie rod ends, etc...to the tune of $2500.
Fuck that I'll drive it home and put Kryptonite shit under it for that money.
The truck only has 70k on it, I don't see how everything is toast. I don't sled pull or drag it, maybe a few drunk burnouts but that's it.
Maybe I'll get a second opinion.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I noticed a vibration driving my LBZ up to our cabin in northern Minnesotaon Sunday.
It came on about 70 and went away about 75 and a little strange tire wear on the driver's front tire.
I figured I'd get it checked out as it's a 400 mile drive home and don't want to have issues.
Took it to a local shop with lots of good reviews figuring on maybe a wheel bearing or tie rod end.
They just called and said it needs ball joints, center link, tie rod ends, etc...to the tune of $2500.
The truck only has 70k on it, I don't see how everything is toast. I don't sled pull or drag it, maybe a few drunk burnouts but that's it.
I had a similar issue with my Silverado. Started about 70 and got worse as I went faster, but would graduate get better then worse then better, etc.

All wheels/tires were balanced, driveshaft checked out okay. Front rotors were true.

Lower ball joints were somewhat worn, but not serious or critical. Replaced just those, and only those and it went away. There was no evidence of uneven tire wear.

Reactions: Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I had a similar issue with my Silverado. Started about 70 and got worse as I went faster, but would graduate get better then worse then better, etc.

All wheels/tires were balanced, driveshaft checked out okay. Front rotors were true.

Lower ball joints were somewhat worn, but not serious or critical. Replaced just those, and only those and it went away. There was no evidence of uneven tire wear.

Good call, I'll give that a shot and see where it gets me.
The truck drives fine, steering isn't sloppy af or anything...Thanks dude!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

Yup... IFS ftl...

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
My boy just did a 2018 with 30k.

Shit was fucking wreckt.

I'm sure not EVERYTHING is toast with yours, but whose Gunna quote one ball joint per side, one tie rod, etc... They probably throwing the book at it

Fuck man.
Yeah that makes sense, I don't blame them.
I'm just hoping it makes it home 400 miles and I'll figure it out this fall.
Did you put stock shit on your boys or aftermarket stuff?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Mine rolled 175k before they started to exhibit any kind of problem.

The only other major mechanical reactive repair I’ve had to do is the front wheel bearings. The driver’s side went at 172k, the passenger side exhibited almost no signs of wear. Did them both just to be cautious.

Thread Info