💬 OT 🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Kid has hand foot and mouth disease/virus/whatever the fuck it is and has to be out of daycare until he improves and I’m out of vacation days and any paid time off. Wife has been in her new position in the company for only a brief time and can’t get a lot of time off. I’ve been steadily getting sicker and sicker everyday for the last week and a half and still going to work everyday. This shit fucking sucks!! I can take unpaid time off pretty much until the end of the world and for my kid I’d gladly do so but I’ve got bills to pay and still have Christmas shopping to do. Biggest WTF thing is my son is going to be sick on the holidays and probably won’t be able to go to my in-laws house for Christmas because he can get his cousins sick. That just isn’t fair.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Fucking dog threw up on the bed... then after I stripped the bed and put new sheets on it the fuckin cat pissed on it!! WTF!! Had to use the steam cleaner on the mattress Which is now damp from cleaning it so the wife is sleeping on the recliner and I’m on the couch!!
Time for a water proof/resistant mattress cover.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
5th year in Reddit secret santa, and i think this is the first year im going to be screwed. lol. my secret santa pulled my info on Dec. 2nd and i have yet to receive any gift or notification. #bastards
I doubt you'll get screwed. Some people are just late to order stuff lol

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Sent in a camera to Nikon that I've been having issues with since day two or three (which I've proven). In December while on vacation a local Nikon authorized repair facility found the sensor was scratched. Nikon has been the only persons to work on this camera (due to oil/lubricant spots appearing on sensor). Nikon wants $450 to repair the camera and didn't even acknowledge the original problem that I've been having for 3+ years! They are the ones that damaged it. Now it's fucking worthless. They just had the camera in July last year and never noticed it? Fuck them.

FUCK NIKON. I'm goddamn livid right now. A $1100 camera body that's fucking worthless thanks to them, and they won't step up and take responsibility.

• Sad
Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Sent in a camera to Nikon that I've been having issues with since day two or three (which I've proven). In December while on vacation a local Nikon authorized repair facility found the sensor was scratched. Nikon has been the only persons to work on this camera (due to oil/lubricant spots appearing on sensor). Nikon wants $450 to repair the camera and didn't even acknowledge the original problem that I've been having for 3+ years! They are the ones that damaged it. Now it's fucking worthless. They just had the camera in July last year and never noticed it? Fuck them.

FUCK NIKON. I'm goddamn livid right now. A $1100 camera body that's fucking worthless thanks to them, and they won't step up and take responsibility.
If you have the proof that it's their fuckup, file a complain with the attorney generals office and shit will get fixed.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If you have the proof that it's their fuckup, file a complain with the attorney generals office and shit will get fixed.
I’ve already escalated it with Nikon since I have overwhelming proof this issue has existed since new. If they don’t make it right I’ll follow your suggestion.

As for the scratched sensor I really don’t have any way to prove someone else didn’t touch it. But showing that it’s been defective since basically day two really puts them in a tough spot. However they can always come back and say “why didn’t you contact us while it was under warranty.”

Frankly I didn’t notice until I started taking better photos and the spots really started to stand out, especially when there is 5-10 on every photo, always in the same place.

Reactions: importcrew

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I’ve already escalated it with Nikon since I have overwhelming proof this issue has existed since new. If they don’t make it right I’ll follow your suggestion.

As for the scratched sensor I really don’t have any way to prove someone else didn’t touch it. But showing that it’s been defective since basically day two really puts them in a tough spot. However they can always come back and say “why didn’t you contact us while it was under warranty.”

Frankly I didn’t notice until I started taking better photos and the spots really started to stand out, especially when there is 5-10 on every photo, always in the same place.
Looks like I'm going the BBB and IL Attorney General's Office to file complaints. Nikon wants $450 to replace a part they damaged, and still refuse to even acknowledge the original problem it was sent in for. Horrible customer service.

Now I want my camera back so I can trade it in, but I'll only get pennies on the dollar for it now. If I trade it in, all the rest of my Nikon gear goes too, and I'll jump back to Canon or go to Sony.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Looks like I'm going the BBB and IL Attorney General's Office to file complaints. Nikon wants $450 to replace a part they damaged, and still refuse to even acknowledge the original problem it was sent in for. Horrible customer service.

Now I want my camera back so I can trade it in, but I'll only get pennies on the dollar for it now. If I trade it in, all the rest of my Nikon gear goes too, and I'll jump back to Canon or go to Sony.

if you have any favorite Nikon lenses they do make adapters for Nikon lenses on Sony and Canon bodies. Might be worth looking into.

Thread Info