V8 + Quick Spool Turbos

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
Dreaming about my next car and I want something that is equally as fun my as my Supercharged Camaro but yet also different. I've always wanted a vette and I could probably swing a C5Z06 without breaking the bank. I love the instant torque of my magnusun tvs 2300 and am wondering how it compares to a an equally powerful turbo setup that is optimized for mid range torque. Horsepower goal would be around 650. Anybody have exp?

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
If you wanted to consider a regular roof C5 (dark blue), my friend Bill Fong on FB has one, manual trans. Has mid mount twins. I think he'd part with it.

1706392862533.png

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Turbos setups are a skill that many miss. Hot side piping size, cold side piping size, routing, manifold/header design, intercooler size/design, turbo sizing, turbo placement, and even wastegate size/placement can make a turbo setup good, or shit, and i see many shit. One of the bigger issues i see, is people using low cost stuff, which yes works, but is low on the efficiency range, and spool also suffers. Now with that, you'll never get it to feel like a twin screw style blower, there will always be a delay from throttle mash to boost with turbos. 650whp is pretty easy, for even smaller twin setups, like a pair of 55-58mm's, which should keep spool very quick, and hit the torque curve right too. Many times, turbos setups make less torque, just cause they dont starting making boost till they are coming out of it. A properly done turbo kit, should make the same, if not more torque then a 2.3 at the same boost.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
This is my cars graph, 5.2 voodoo, which are suppose to make low torque, but mine is right on par with the standard 5.0 for power to torque. Spool is extremely fast on my car, starts making boost under 3000rpm on the street without issue, and holds power all the way to redline 8500rpm

20210715_225301.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SHARKBITEATTACK
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list