UVScan log reader

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
So I'm only using DHP right now, can't really justify the cost of HPTuners for what I'd get out of it, DHP can do everything I want right now except for logging well.

HPTuners has a really good UI for logging, but with DHP or UVScan I pretty much have to take the .csv file and throw it into Excel to visualize what's going on with it. Excel is clunky AF and it's pretty difficult to interpret the data quickly.
I had a short time on the dyno last week and didn't have time to sift through the scans to see where the pulls started and what was going on in there because there's so much stuff being logged and it's hard to visualize it. I wasn't able to make changes to the tune quickly because I wasn't sure what needed work in it.

Well I spent a few hours putting together a visualizing utility that I think is a bit more intuitive than anything else I've seen so far. Figured I'd try and breathe a little more life into DHP and thought others might find it useful. It's going to be a game changer for me!

nkhU24x.gif

Still going to need some tweaking, every so often if I load a lot of different logs I need to reload the page but otherwise I haven't found any issues yet.

Github links because this is probably going to change a lot more in the future:

Github page
download link

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
There was my old clunky ass shitty program included with Powrtuner called LogColor...

I think I made like 1 version that ever went out with PowrTuner and that was it, as PowrTuner was dead long after...

Just fired up for first time since probably 2008... yup ugly and shitty. Never got around to fixing and cleaning up ,ect as no longer had A reason to, and had zero input from Charles on it.
So the care factor died very quickly.

c026a5e09261838d145253471a44637d.png

I've been putting off things.. as usual, forever.... to try and make something nicer.

6cb8c51e6dc5e3e95a39459ead18090a-1.png

I thought it had some good stuff in it.... but sadly never took off....

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
I definitely agree that it's not really worth the effort anymore to go deep into it, most tuners are going to have something like HPTuners these days for logging and DHP is probably just used as a backup for those hard to get to parts of the bin that HPT can't touch.
Probably not that many people out there like me that only use DHP ?

Those would be really good visuals but it looks like to use those the log has to be in DHP and I've almost never been successful in doing a longer scan with a lot of data in DHP. UVScan is the only thing that actually seems to work for logging but it looks like it doesn't have a lot of the same visuals. I know it has a way to chart things but I could never figure out how to get it to work lol

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
I definitely agree that it's not really worth the effort anymore to go deep into it, most tuners are going to have something like HPTuners these days for logging and DHP is probably just used as a backup for those hard to get to parts of the bin that HPT can't touch.
Probably not that many people out there like me that only use DHP ?

Those would be really good visuals but it looks like to use those the log has to be in DHP and I've almost never been successful in doing a longer scan with a lot of data in DHP. UVScan is the only thing that actually seems to work for logging but it looks like it doesn't have a lot of the same visuals. I know it has a way to chart things but I could never figure out how to get it to work lol

If life would slow down to A point I don't want to shoot myself, UVSCAN needs overhauled badly.

I have like 5 versions of it ive started and stopped over the years because each time I get moving on it, kaboom, 8 months of non stop shit to deal with and last thing I want to do in life is touch UVScan.

Like LogColor, UVscan was initially cobbled together program I wrote my for myself and Paul Jerkatis... then I made mistake of letting others get it and then never really carrying the torch to keep it going.

Version I had been working on years ago to make it more tablet / touch screen friendly. Still fugly looking and clunky.

I had a few versions using newer stuff to try and build cross platform one but again... never finished :(

To be honest, doing dev work for a living, and not loving this kinda stuff anymore also kills any ambition.

Maybe one day. But probably not...

933cb48d81ccedccc34a9302b2986fdd.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• bs009
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list