The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Do not miss the days of running service and dealing with that shit.
And it’s Amazon’s fault. They decided to use Merv 13 for all their sites starting Jan 1st. So a filter that lowers airflow and requires more frequent changes...and the overwhelming demand put filters on national BO. So every site has clogged filters now. Stupid

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Anyone else see this rant from a mayor in Texas? He ended up quitting after getting criticism for the tweet.

He has some good points, but he probably should have kept his mouth shut

He has good points? Are you fucking kidding me? This is *literally* the only reasonable function for a government.

Let's not even start on the fact that you're basically not even allowed to live off grid.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
He has good points? Are you fucking kidding me? This is *literally* the only reasonable function for a government.

Let's not even start on the fact that you're basically not even allowed to live off grid.
There was some sarcasm in my comment. He's not wrong that people shouldn't be putting their lives in the government hands though. We've seen time and time again how our government drops the ball during times of emergency. Puerto Rico hurricane in 2017 for example.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I saw on the news last night that midway uses snow melting machines. I had no idea this was a thing, but now I want one.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
My work over by midway got a ton of snow. They piled it all up and are now hauling it away in dump trucks. I’m curious where these trucks go to dump the snow.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Another 1 inch came down over night in Plainfield. Just enough to cover the vehicles

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
There was some sarcasm in my comment. He's not wrong that people shouldn't be putting their lives in the government hands though. We've seen time and time again how our government drops the ball during times of emergency. Puerto Rico hurricane in 2017 for example.
Of course they shouldn't be putting their lives in government hands. But as long as the government is a leech that requires our taxes to survive, then they better god damn well function in the manner that serves us. If not then what the fuck am I paying them for?

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
My work over by midway got a ton of snow. They piled it all up and are now hauling it away in dump trucks. I’m curious where these trucks go to dump the snow.
At one time, they'd dump it in the Chicago river. But I'm sure now, in our Woke, PC society, along with environmentalists freaking out over dumping shit into waterways, it just all gets put in a field around some abandoned factories or something.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Why not? Elgin insists on making their one sweep of our courts for a dusting, creating a bigger mess than they're solving for.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
A guy on the next block was out with his ATV and plow blade this am. He was out of town hunting and just back. He couldn’t get into his driveway thanks to the shit pile the city left. said he was about to bust out his chainsaw.

Since we shoot-the-shit regarding ATVs and bike I told him to just message me if he’s out of town, sees it snowing, and his neighbors haven’t helped. I’ll go down and try to keep it somewhat clear using my faithful shovel.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
So the melt has obviously started and my sump pump has been going off. Hopefully here in the next few days, all the non-piled snow will be gone...

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Commander
Donating Member
Reaction score
honestly. the way this is melting/going away, legit could not be better. freeze over night, thaw during the day. no rain. yeah. legit could not be a better way.

we would be FUCKED if we were to get one of those sweet half to full inch of rain storms in an afternoon right now. royally. fucked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom