Reaction score
Nope, I actually don't hate it.

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Admin
Reaction score
"Toyota Supra Isn't the Japanese Sports Car I Wanted: Review" https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/amp34947571/toyota-supra-review-good-not-japanese-sports-car-i-wanted/

The Supra name deserves more than this. If it were a proper, exciting Toyota sports car, it'd be something I'd personally consider cross-shopping and potentially buying, against the BMW M2, Porsche Cayman, C8 Corvette, Mustangs, and any semi-affordable sports car. I didn't want to get in a Supra and be surrounded by that same old orange gauge glow that's been populating the cabins of every single BMW for as long as I can remember. It feels like Toyota copied someone else's homework, as if it didn't even feel the need to submit an assignment. Why bring the Supra name back if this is how you're going to do it?

The Supra is fun to drive. But it feels more like an outsourced sports car, something put together to fill a gap in the middle range. I want more than that. I want it to feel special. I want it to break the rules.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Why do I not hate this car? It's actually pretty sweet.

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Admin
Reaction score
I still cant get over the front end and how glaring the numerous body seams are on various colors. I've fallen in love the rear 3/4s tho.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd drive one. Although that buffeting issue is more of a dealbreaker for me than its looks :LOL: I'll wait till that gets sorted.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd drive one. Although that buffeting issue is more of a dealbreaker for me than its looks :LOL: I'll wait till that gets sorted.
I'd like to wait till Toyota/BMW sort it out officialy, but there are aftermarket parts that you basically stick on the mirror to stall the air around the window to eliminate the buffeting noise.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I had thought that they changed the ECM half way through 2019 so that all the cars after that can no longer be tuned. (which I think is kind of a dick move)

IDAFC21

WOW.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Think the Supra can't get any uglier? Think again!! Joining the 2021 lineup of Lego Speed Champions, I present, the GR Supra!!

:LOL::LOL:

I am liking that Jesko tho. I will be picking that one up for sure.

Also I saw no less than 2 Supras today. They definitely stand out rolling down the road.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I had thought that they changed the ECM half way through 2019 so that all the cars after that can no longer be tuned. (which I think is kind of a dick move)
They did that with BMW's around 2012ish IIRC, but need a bench reflash and it's all good. There are ways around this....well if it is what I think it is

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom