May 24, 2007
How Dare You Greta GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Anyone here, me included with my perfect little boy who's better than every kid of members here, will agree that kids are fucking dicks.

:rofl:
Last night in the dells I threatened my three year old a minimum of 4 times she will sleep outside or in the tub if she didn’t shut the f up.. in hindsight was it aggressive? Yes, needed in the moment? Hell yeah

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I’d say we need a baby clothes/gear recycling thread but I doubt my wife would allow me to part with the 4 giant Rubbermaid containers of clothes, 3 garbage bags of toys, high chair, car seats, strollers, bassinets, bouncy play sets and all the other useless crap piling up in my tiny crawlspace, closets and garage.
Her “We don’t have anymore storage space. We need a bigger house!”
Me “I can easily clear out the entire crawlspace and half the garage in an afternoon (insert smirk)”
Her “DON’T YOU DARE!!!”

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I’d say we need a baby clothes/gear recycling thread but I doubt my wife would allow me to part with the 4 giant Rubbermaid containers of clothes, 3 garbage bags of toys, high chair, car seats, strollers, bassinets, bouncy play sets and all the other useless crap piling up in my tiny crawlspace, closets and garage.
Her “We don’t have anymore storage space. We need a bigger house!”
Me “I can easily clear out the entire crawlspace and half the garage in an afternoon (insert smirk)”
Her “DON’T YOU DARE!!!”
We just pawned off what we could to friends and donated the rest. Wife kept a few things for the second one but being the other gender and opposite seasons for a due date not a lot is usable.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I made some mention in bored thread the other day. We’re due September 6th
Congrats buddy. Best advice:

1. Pick a pediatrician and listen to them. Don't. Fucking. Google. Anything.

2. Go with your gut. Just because shit I do or whoever else might not be what you and your Mrs. want. Trust yourselves. Look at us degens killing it at the parent game

3. Kids are resilient as fuck. We sleep with a weird breeze and our backs are out, kids bounce around run into shit and keep going. If you freak out they freak out.

4. Take a fuck load of pics of everything. We have everything auto dump to Google photos that go across the display. Jesus fuck this ride is quick.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
We just pawned off what we could to friends and donated the rest. Wife kept a few things for the second one but being the other gender and opposite seasons for a due date not a lot is usable.

I'm almost cleaned out of baby shit. It's bliss. Now it's the weekly dump of broken toys and coloring/drawings

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I'm almost cleaned out of baby shit. It's bliss. Now it's the weekly dump of broken toys and coloring/drawings
The drawings never end. Like here’s this 1 scribble I made for you….thanks.

The other day my daughter was just cutting hunks of paper up and giving them to me to put on my desk at my new job yea no.

• Haha
Reactions: Bub

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Good advice as we have two kids, my wife was around baby’s as she was the oldest in her family of five, and for me I never held a baby until our first was born.

don’t listen to other people ever when it comes to your own kids. What worked for them does t always work for others. Don’t over technology your house, baby monitors are great.

Give the wife a break at times, get her out of the house, send her shopping, get gas in the car, just a walk around the neighborhood, grab a shower, etc.. this does wonders for her mental state.. more like baby burn out stage. Help with diaper changes, formula mixing, laundry, cooking etc…

Set the baby up on a good sleep schedule so the baby sleep through the night as you both do, and same for day naps which helps with a quick nap of your own or get things done around the house.

Don’t change up your day to day as in noises when the baby is around, or sleeping, both our boys when babies we had tv on, or vacuum going, etc… helps so much. Take the baby everywhere with you if you can.

Go with your gut, don’t google as other mentioned, do what you feel is right for that time.

If you buy / get gifted clothing and diapers, keep the receipts or if you can exchange at the purchase store, both our boys when born didnt even fit in the clothes we had, needed to go a up size or two.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
The drawings never end. Like here’s this 1 scribble I made for you….thanks.

The other day my daughter was just cutting hunks of paper up and giving them to me to put on my desk at my new job yea no.

Apparently using scissors is a big deal. My chick had a yuuugggeee lady boner over our kids being able use them right off the bat. Idk

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
What’s everyone got for strollers?
Too many fucking options.

I know we want a jogger, but needs to be something compatible with an infant seat.

Kinda leaning toward this one and buying a car seat adapter.

Something very similar to this. I know ours is Graco but it must be a discontinued model. The car seats and the base for the car are identical though. We bought ours for the exact same reason as you, multi purpose baby seat, car base, and stroller that eventually can be used without the car seat.

All about modularity here. Don't buy 1-off/1-use shit at newborn prices. Absolutely stupid.

Thread Info