🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
So, i was thinking of pulling the trigger on another harley. I started doing some research and a friend of mine just bought a indian motorcycle (Scout Bobber). Anyone have any familiarity to indian in general? Are they good? figure i might check out the competition.

B917A955-7A3C-40E8-B324-A3A2614A968A.jpg
I was considering buying a Scout Bobber have rode them twice. I've compared it to other models. It's a pretty cool bike and I really liked it. But, it had a few things I didn't care for. The bars were cool, but I can see myself getting tired of the low bars quickly and put something on like what the Scout Bobber Twenty has. The controls are awkwardly somewhere between a mid control and a forward control. For me at 5'⁹", I would have liked the controls forward by another inch or 2. That, along with some taller bars, I think would give it a perfect rider triangle. The biggest concern though, and the deal breaker for me is that the bike is just physically small. It feels like a bigger version of a pit bike. But, small means light, and the thing makes 100hp, so it's pretty fun in the performance aspect.

For me, I'm looking at HD. Im pretty set on either a Fat Bob or Road King. You're going to spend more, but I feel you get a better bike that's almost perfect from the get go. And as far as cruisers go, none sound as good as a HD Milwaukee Eight.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I need to compare the ergonomics and size to my 99 Vulcan 1500 Classic then. It's a decent sized bike but lately it's felt a bit small. The lower bars don't bother me so much as I've got a weird shoulder/levator issue that causes severe pain my are arms are raised up. Even with my low bars it flares up within 30-45 minutes of riding. Just sitting at a table and eating a meal will set it off. Extremely frustrating and requires frequent stops to alleviate it.

At 6'1" I'd suspect that the foot controls would be way too close for me. I have floorboards with a heel-toe shifter and full size brake pedal, and I'd like them to be another couple of inches forward so my knees aren't so high up.

Sadly, power-wise that thing makes like 80-85% more power than my classic, lol. I think new mine made a whopping 64 HP. I'm pretty sure the carb kit isn't set right, so I doubt I'm bringing more than 50-55 horses to the party these days. Explains why it struggles at speeds over 65-70 MPH, which is why I avoid the highways if I can and settle in on the backroads doing 60 mph or so.

If I want to ride faster I'll take out the sport bike, so I have options (y)

Still, that is a really nice blue.

Reactions: VenomInside

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I forgot to mention that it's really low to the ground too. It has dick for lean angle.

It's a cool little barhopper bike, but nothing you're going to want to do day long rides on.
That’s some golden information to have. I’m not into poker runs.

I built a few of the other models last night using their online configuration. Neat site but holy fuckballs do the prices skyrocket quick.

Reactions: Aron

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
I was considering buying a Scout Bobber have rode them twice. I've compared it to other models. It's a pretty cool bike and I really liked it. But, it had a few things I didn't care for. The bars were cool, but I can see myself getting tired of the low bars quickly and put something on like what the Scout Bobber Twenty has. The controls are awkwardly somewhere between a mid control and a forward control. For me at 5'⁹", I would have liked the controls forward by another inch or 2. That, along with some taller bars, I think would give it a perfect rider triangle. The biggest concern though, and the deal breaker for me is that the bike is just physically small. It feels like a bigger version of a pit bike. But, small means light, and the thing makes 100hp, so it's pretty fun in the performance aspect.

For me, I'm looking at HD. Im pretty set on either a Fat Bob or Road King. You're going to spend more, but I feel you get a better bike that's almost perfect from the get go. And as far as cruisers go, none sound as good as a HD Milwaukee Eight.

Well said, Aron. thanks for the information :)

Reactions: Aron

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I did about 120 miles this morning to the Seneca area and back. The Svartpilen 401 isn't suited for high speeds or long trips, but it's been great for exploring, twisty roads, and shorter trips. Been averaging 65 to 72 mpg which has been nice when taking it to work once per week as well.

20200808_132457.jpg

20200808_132558.jpg

20200808_132631.jpg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I did about 120 miles this morning to the Seneca area and back. The Svartpilen 401 isn't suited for high speeds or long trips, but it's been great for exploring, twisty roads, and shorter trips. Been averaging 65 to 72 mpg which has been nice when taking it to work once per week as well.

View attachment 64364

View attachment 64366

View attachment 64367
Boondocks has an awesome steak sandwich on garlic bread. Fat Daddyz out there also has great burgers.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I’ve been out to Boondocks a few times, but it’s been a year or two.

So far I’m at 186 miles and still have to head home.

Met my friend in Lockport, rode 53 down to 66 all the way into Pontiac. Then back to 47 up to Morris. Did a loop from RT 6 and Ridge to the run along the river. Turned back north before hitting 47 again. We were going to hop across the river to come back Pine Bluff but ended up back on 6 again.

Cooling off then heading home.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
So, i was thinking of pulling the trigger on another harley. I started doing some research and a friend of mine just bought a indian motorcycle (Scout Bobber). Anyone have any familiarity to indian in general? Are they good? figure i might check out the competition.

B917A955-7A3C-40E8-B324-A3A2614A968A.jpg

Dooood.... I read they move out pretty good.
Looks cool too

giphy.gif

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Mine had a wicked tick that would not go away. They use some chunky 15w60 too.

They're all junk. Which junk do you prefer more.

Ooooo, no shit.... Definitely good to know.
If you are sincerely Givin it a bad review I'd not buy one.

Well, I would not anyhow.

I might pick up a new one of these, 10-12 months... Possible.

I intend on keeping my 2005 forever.

20200808_172204.jpg

Reactions: 1MEANGT

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I need to compare the ergonomics and size to my 99 Vulcan 1500 Classic then. It's a decent sized bike but lately it's felt a bit small. The lower bars don't bother me so much as I've got a weird shoulder/levator issue that causes severe pain my are arms are raised up. Even with my low bars it flares up within 30-45 minutes of riding. Just sitting at a table and eating a meal will set it off. Extremely frustrating and requires frequent stops to alleviate it.

At 6'1" I'd suspect that the foot controls would be way too close for me. I have floorboards with a heel-toe shifter and full size brake pedal, and I'd like them to be another couple of inches forward so my knees aren't so high up.

Sadly, power-wise that thing makes like 80-85% more power than my classic, lol. I think new mine made a whopping 64 HP. I'm pretty sure the carb kit isn't set right, so I doubt I'm bringing more than 50-55 horses to the party these days. Explains why it struggles at speeds over 65-70 MPH, which is why I avoid the highways if I can and settle in on the backroads doing 60 mph or so.

If I want to ride faster I'll take out the sport bike, so I have options (y)

Still, that is a really nice blue.

Dooood.... Join us, buy a POS Harley Davidson

?

• Haha
Reactions: 1MEANGT

Thread Info