🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
CuzzinOlaf CuzzinOlaf

That thing is Suhweeeeet ????

Thanks, man. I bought this new in July 2019 and think I'm finally done. I might change the bags next year but we'll see. I said I wasn't going crazy with it but that didn't happen. Changed the front wheel to a fat tire setup, air ride front and rear,
molded the front fairing to remove the windshield, side covers, fenders, seat, 1200 watt stereo (6 speakers + 4 tweeters) and went to a 128" S&S top end (136hp-146tq) and just did digital gauges. I HOPE I'm done LOL.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Thanks, man. I bought this new in July 2019 and think I'm finally done. I might change the bags next year but we'll see. I said I wasn't going crazy with it but that didn't happen. Changed the front wheel to a fat tire setup, air ride front and rear,
molded the front fairing to remove the windshield, side covers, fenders, seat, 1200 watt stereo (6 speakers + 4 tweeters) and went to a 128" S&S top end (136hp-146tq) and just did digital gauges. I HOPE I'm done LOL.
Damn son.... That is a really nice ride. Air suspension? Wow.

There is no way I'd be able to keep up with half the cruisers on this forum. My ol' 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic strains to get over 70ish. I'm pretty sure the carb jetting is way off, but tearing apart the bike to get to it is a pain in the ass, and really need a wide band to see what it is doing. So I just leave it and cruise back roads at 60-65mph and it's quite happy. With windshield and passenger I'll still get like 40mpg.

Reactions: CuzzinOlaf

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
Damn son.... That is a really nice ride. Air suspension? Wow.

There is no way I'd be able to keep up with half the cruisers on this forum. My ol' 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic strains to get over 70ish. I'm pretty sure the carb jetting is way off, but tearing apart the bike to get to it is a pain in the ass, and really need a wide band to see what it is doing. So I just leave it and cruise back roads at 60-65mph and it's quite happy. With windshield and passenger I'll still get like 40mpg.

Yea, hence it sitting so low when parked. This thing pulls like a beast with the upgraded engine. My new guages calculate 0-60 and 1/4 Mile times so once I get the chance I'm going to see what it says. Going fast is fun but cruising back roads with some tunes keeping it under 50 is always nice.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yea, hence it sitting so low when parked. This thing pulls like a beast with the upgraded engine. My new guages calculate 0-60 and 1/4 Mile times so once I get the chance I'm going to see what it says. Going fast is fun but cruising back roads with some tunes keeping it under 50 is always nice.
I've got a Sena20S wired into my helmet, so I use that for music/podcasts/phone calls when riding in the country, but never in traffic. The g/f's helmet has one also so we can use them as intercoms. Some friends have them too, which is nice if you're in a small group. You can have the leader and the tail each with intercoms to keep an eye on everyone. They've come in really handy on many occasions. Range isn't anything what they quoted, but think I know why. As long as you have line-of-sight they're good, even out to like 1000'.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Going to go look at this guy tomorrow. Will most likely take it home.

A499C0A3-1F7B-4DA6-9A96-55E634AB4574.jpg

Just got off the phone with the dealer. Right now 4-6 weeks to get the bike from time of payment/deal.

It's been awhile since I've worked numbers on a bike. What items are typically negotiable. Basically their first offer was MSRP + Freight ($525.00) + Sales Tax.

4-6? What happened to the one you took a picture of?

probably don’t have much bargaining power in this buying frenzy, but I’d try for 10% of the total retail. Bet they won’t come down though. How bad do you want it? Maybe better to wait till December

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
4-6? What happened to the one you took a picture of?

probably don’t have much bargaining power in this buying frenzy, but I’d try for 10% of the total retail. Bet they won’t come down though. How bad do you want it? Maybe better to wait till December

That was sold by the time i called. Dude said they don't have anymore in the state and it is a rare color (doing more research now). But if i order from the factory, it will be here most likely in 4 weeks. Yeah, it seems like with the way of the world, they are not going to give anything away with it being a luxury item so to speak. I can always try.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
What is your planned main use for it?

My impressions after test riding a couple of them - obviously my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. It's a fun bike to zip around town on, or short commuting. It's a very small bike and very low to the ground, which means limited lean angle (to the right anyway). It's very quick. It just feels too small to me. Limited luggage options available, so you'll probably need a rack and tail bag if you're carrying anything significant in size or weight, or else you're stuck backpacking it. For the price, it's a nice entry level bike into the cruiser market. BTW they have the mirrors on backwards and upside down in the pics you posted, bar end mirrors are supposed to be down below the bars.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably opt to spend a little more and step up to the new Chief. It's going to be more practical. But, Im a pretty regular and long-time rider. My bike doesn't sit long and gets used. If you don't think you'll ride a lot, maybe the Scout Bobber is for you.

Thread Info