Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
  • Wow
Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I stopped by the dealer the other day to pay off my down payment. Snapped a slightly better pic while I was there. The orange and silver Electra Glide is my older brother's. Mine is obviously the black Glide in front of his.
20210120_135934.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, Harley is killing of it's Street line of bikes... Basically your entry level models for younger buyers...

"Yes, all Street motorcycles (Street® 500, Street® 750 and Street Rod®) were discontinued from the US MY21 lineup. We will continue to support H-D Riding Academy training dealers with Street 500 models."

Make sure your ad blockers are on:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So, Harley is killing of it's Street line of bikes... Basically your entry level models for younger buyers...

"Yes, all Street motorcycles (Street® 500, Street® 750 and Street Rod®) were discontinued from the US MY21 lineup. We will continue to support H-D Riding Academy training dealers with Street 500 models."

"What's your marketing strategy"
Harley: "Wait for people to get old so that they can become interested in the bikes we offer so they can buy one then keep it 20 years" :ROFLMAO:

Now all Harley needs to do is discontinue the expensive models.

Harley is actually just a foreign made clothing boutique which just happens to sell overpriced subpar motorcycles in the back. They should stick to the “lifestyle” clothing and just give up on the bikes.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, Im positive it is...or it's replacement anyway
Thing is, the top speed and horsepower wars are kind of over, so not sure who they are aiming at. Granted the Busa has been on sale up til a year or two ago since they decided to to a redesign.

Might be nice for long distance touring and maintain the sportiness. It’d eat up the miles all day long. That’s if you don’t want to go full touring bike like a BMW K1300. ?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
It's probably Suzuki's best selling bike the past few years. There's still the ZX14, BUT the H2 variants...that's what the Busa is against now. I bet the new "Busa" is a similar platform. Smaller displacement but forced induction. That's even been the rumor the past couple years. Same with Yamaha, the new MT10 or it's replacement is most likely going to be turbocharged for 2022.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The “Z H2” and “H2” are the same bike. Most media outlets just drop the preceding “Z”’ and call it the H2 since it’s a hypersport.

Now, if I had stupid money and plenty of free time I’d like the H2R for track days since it is a track only bike (can’t be registered for the street).

The H2 SX (SE+) is the one that’s focused on touring.

Whichever one is chosen you’d still get some nice supercharged power.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The Ninja is a 650, not a 600, while the ZX6R is actually still a 636. On top of that, there's also the Z650.
When they first came out the Ninja 600 was a 600 and shared much of the same components as the 6R, just watered down and softened up. For instance its clipons were on risers instead of under the triple clamp, to give a more relaxed seating position.

And yeah, then there was the displacement change without a name change. And IIRC one of the "600's" (standards) was a parallel twin and not in an inline-4, right?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
What I miss are the mid-large sized cruisers. I have a 99 Vulcan 1500 Classic, and some day need to replace it. Kaw offers a 900 or a 1700 (Vaquero, or Voyager). The 1700's are now all decked out and start at like $17k. My Classic was about $9000.

I just want a simple day large displacement cruiser and don't need all the bells, whistles, bags, radios, etc. EFI to replace the carbs, of course. Can get it on the smaller Vulcans but those are only 900cc.

About a year ago I went looking to see what was out there and was disappointed with the lack of choices in the 1500-1800cc range.

Trying to talk my buddy into selling me his 2006 Star Road Liner.

Thread Info