🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have to agree. Weather permitting it looks like Sunday might be the day to do it. Been staring at a computer monitor, TV, and books too long and getting burned out. Some seat time would be nice to clear the head. Still need new tires/tubes though. Have to find a place or someone to help get it done, if any of dealers are open.

Reactions: 1MEANGT

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Back when my grass was green... Really don't belong in the thread since they're metric.

DSC_0880.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If I didn't have to work today (from home) I'd be out on it now. Need to bleed the front brake on both bikes. Typically the track bike needs it after sitting all winter, and it has a radial master cylinder with a bleeder at the top to make it easy. Cruiser doesn't have a bleeder at the master so will need to vacuum the fluid through to the caliper then pressurize the line. Once I have the tools out shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do both bikes. I have DOT 3/4 fluid for the cruiser and RBF600 for the other bike.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Nice looking bikes!!! Spring is here, get em ready.

Beautiful day! I am off work at 3 today, going to take the Aprilia out for a rip!!!
Also, I'd like to change the pipes on the cruiser. They sound good, but a bit too raspy for my liking. At light throttle they barely make any noise, which works very well around neighborhoods. Plus the front cylinder's pipe/muffler stops right in line with the passenger's right ear, so it can be bothersome. A friend has basically the same bike but with longshots on it, so the pipes extend all the way to the rear fender and they maintain the same diameter the entire length, which looks nicer. They won't be balanced with equal back pressure (they'll be unequal lengths), but it'll look and sound nicer. Just need the $600 to spend on them, LOL.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Very cool, back in the stone ages I had a 1986 Ninja 600, thing was rad
I still have my 96 ZX-9R in the garage, somewhat cocooned. Needs a few things replaced before it can be ridden on the street again. Fired it up at the end of the last season and the throttle assembly is gummed up, could barely twist it. After I shut it off it started to leak gas from one of the lines between the tank pick up and the petcock. Had to evacuate the gas from the tank before it dripped all over the floor and the hot engine.

• Sad
Reactions: Spivitz

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Here is the one I miss the most. My 2004 ZX-10R. Pure unadulterated speed and power for 16 years ago. Bone stock it dyno'd at 164.2 at the back wheel, without the airbox even being pressurized, and not taking it drive train loss. Topped out at 186mph in mexico. Did a Bonneville Box and dropped two teeth in the back and threw up an average of 204.4 on LIDAR. No tuning done, no power commander, nothing but fully uncorking it for sixth gear top speed runs. If you didn't give it 110% of your focus it would spit you off and stick you in the ground like a golf tee. No ABS, no traction control, just a slipper clutch for banging down through the gears so you didn't lock up the rear tire.

DSCN0302.JPG

And here is what it became thanks to some old lady driving a cage not paying attention. I mean shit, just look at the rear subframe. The fork tubes snapped. But those Muzzy's frame sliders didn't break. Sent this photo and a few others to Muzzys showing how they held up and got some free swag from them.
DSCN0577.JPG

DSCN0585.JPG

Thread Info