Anime The Anime Thread

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Hikaru No Go
It's about a boy and his ghost friend who play the board game Go and rise through the ranks.

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, So I'll Max Out My Defense
Easy-going video game simulator show about a girl who raises the defense on her character to max because, as the title says, she doesn't want to get hurt. I think I just like this one because I like MMORPGs so much, and this lets me reminisce a little bit. It's a little preposterous at times, and almost feels slice of lifey, but the action is good enough to get through it.

If you grew up watching Adult Swim like me, you already know about the next two. If not, do yourself a favor and watch em. They're anime classics that I'm sure most anyone who has watched them would recommend. And they're both short, so it won't take you too long.

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I am an old School Anime Guy. I don't particularly enjoy much of the current generation. I prefer 80's and 90's anime.

Project A-Ko. Insanely Comedic parody of the Anime of the time with DC Comics, Marvel, and Kentucky Fried Chicken Easter eggs. (No, I'm not joking about the KFC Easter egg).

Bubblegum Crisis 2032/2033: I own this in basically every format that exists. VHS, Laserdisc, DVD, and Blu-ray. The Laserdisc is phenomenal, compared to the VHS of the time, even beating out the DVDs. The DVD's used a upscaled VHS telecine transfer, so the quality is shit. The Blu-Ray however was worth every penny. Stunning restoration from the original master studio tapes.

This Bubblegum Crisis AMV is set to Perturbator's Venger. So its both a great song and includes some great animation.

I have so many more, but just not gonna list them.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
The only one Ive really been into lately is Attack On Titan. I have a basic crunchyroll subscription and I've never utilized it for anything except that :LOL:

Actually there have been a couple decent ones on Netflix ive watched as well, like Japan Sinks 2020, and Carole and Tuesday

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I have a Funimation and Crunchyroll subscription. I watch anime weekly and watch anything that interests me every season.

Currently watching:

Black Clover
Noblesse
Fire Force
Jujutsu Kaisen
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon
I'm Standing on a Million Lives

Looking forward to Attack on Titans final season next month. Other good ones that I liked were:

Hunter x Hunter
Sword Art Online
One Punch Man
Fairy Tale
One Piece
DragonBall Super
Dr. Stone

Some older anime that I liked watching:

Dragonball
DragonBall GT
DragonBall Z
Gundam Wing
Macross
Bubblegum Crisis
Ronin Warriors
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info