Site Sponsor QandA About Twin Turbo + Supercharged Hellcat Redeye - Compound Boost how's and why's

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
For a eaton roots setup. but I think the hellcats are screw compressors? Much better efficiency.
Remember the bypass is there to minimize pumping losses by recirculating the air back to the blower Inlet. Every time I deal with them all I find is that it just increases discharge air temp and blower/lobe temps...

But they do at least allow the vehicle to meet Cafe ratings which means it actually gets produced and sold. But a boost bypass valve is about as useful as tits on a bull

Satera_Tuning

TCG Sponsor
Jul 14, 2020
Have you guys considered opening the bypass valve once the turbos light? We do that on my platform and that way the blower never becomes a restriction.

Won't work well at all. The blower is still there spinning, so actually bypassing it will not make anything more efficient and won't make anymore power. But it will make boost control much harder. Going from 5-6psi to randomly needing 25psi out of the turbo's can cause boost to be all over the place. And still having the blower spinning in place just makes it unnecessary.

Are they screw types? I thought all the tvs blowers were still positive displacement.
Oh those are TVS?
Those are just High Helix Roots
I think they are tvs2650's.

Hellcat blowers are Twin Screw Blowers Produced by IHI. Our redeye in the video is a 2.7L Blower.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I was pretty sure they were screw compressors. Jim's pussycat sounded almost as loud as our 2300 Whipple (lysholm) supercharged 3800 V6 Riviera did.
It does at least sound better without the 3800 exhaust Blatt.

Everything went much better once we got rid of that damn boost bypass.

I'm going to have to eyeball this better later on when I'm dicking around with the 3D printer

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info