Polaris Adventures Monthly Subscription

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

A subscription-based service for snowmobile and UTV/ATV usage is pretty cool, but I am really trying to figure out the difference and cost savings between this and renting a snowmobile or UTV...

12 credits = $399 a month
12 credits = RZR/General for a full day
20 credits= Snowmobile for full day

I can't speak for other areas but renting in Northern Wisconsin and the UP is cheaper to rent for the day for that light of usage. For comparison, RZR/General is $249/$299 for a full day. 650 snowmobile $159/$219 per day. (Trackside Eagle River)

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I was pretty interested in this when it first was announced. For as much as I'd use it, it's better to just rent daily instead of doing the plan. Also if you plan to go out at least 1 weekend/month from April-November +1 weekish long trip per year it's actually more economical to buy a used machine.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My Brother just sent me something similar regarding boats last night. I'll create a thread to get some feedback.

The difference is boats are MUCH more money to get into a purchase, maintain, dock, store, etc. From what I read you also get more usage time on those boat shares.

Reactions: Shawn1112

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I was pretty interested in this when it first was announced. For as much as I'd use it, it's better to just rent daily instead of doing the plan. Also if you plan to go out at least 1 weekend/month from April-November +1 weekish long trip per year it's actually more economical to buy a used machine.

The thing that is making me scratch my head is that renting daily IS cheaper, with the same benefits as non-ownership. The usage for the money you are paying is what I don't understand.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The thing that is making me scratch my head is that renting daily IS cheaper, with the same benefits as non-ownership. The usage for the money you are paying is what I don't understand.
I don't get it either. The only thing I can think of is people trust the Polaris name more than a rental shop.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I don't get it either. The only thing I can think of is people trust the Polaris name more than a rental shop.

Polaris Adventures also has a rental program. Trackside participated in that for the past few years and rented very high-end Polaris UTVs. I'm talking Northstar rangers and Generals with Navigation. I quick browse on their website makes me think this subscription program replaced that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info