Mike
1 down, 1 to go.

20220503_215817.jpg

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
The Cubs need to rebuild like they did when Theo got there.
All they needed to do was keep a few of the core players they completely threw away last year and add a couple solid starters. The team was still an above .500 caliber team the way it was. They did get off to a rough first half, but it was a good team. This shithole organization is identical to the Bears now, they don't care as long as the tickets sell. Theo actually wanted to bring a championship to the city, and he had drive an motivation, this asshole doesn't.

Reactions: Shawn1112 and Marko

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
All they needed to do was keep a few of the core players they completely threw away last year and add a couple solid starters. The team was still an above .500 caliber team the way it was. They did get off to a rought first half, but it was a good team. This shithole organization is identical to the Bears now, they don't care as long as the tickets sell. Theo actually wanted to bring a championship to the city, and he had drive an motivation, this asshole doesn't.
I agree. But I meant since they broke up the team last year, they need a complete rebuild. Draft picks, free agents and trades.

They could’ve kept Rizzo (still under contract? With the Yankees)

and Baez. At least. And a couple others. Give Baez a new contract.
I’m glad they let Bryant go. The Rockies are paying him like 180 million over 7 years I think. And just the other day he didn’t play because of a minor injury.
But the Cubs owners are showing their true colors now after spending money rebuilding Wrigley Field and winning the World Series. All they care about now is money and not investing in good players. At least not yet.

Hopefully after a few losing seasons, they’re gonna get their shit together.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
And the one player they did keep, that sack of shit Heyward who has done next to nothing his entire time with the Cubs.... Barely hit over .200 last year, since he's been with the Cubs i think his AVG is like .240.

I think he has a 7 year 180 million contract too. I'd much rather Bryant get a contract like that than Heyward, you'd get production out of Bryant.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
And the one player they did keep, that sack of shit Heyward who has done next to nothing his entire time with the Cubs.... Barely hit over .200 last year, since he's been with the Cubs i think his AVG is like .240.

I think he has a 7 year 180 million contract too. I'd much rather Bryant get a contract like that than Heyward, you'd get production out of Bryant.
Nobody wants to take on that contract. They could not move him unless they ate probably half the remaining money. He is a professional, and a class act, so we can only hope he teaches the youngsters the proper way while he is here

Regarding the Jay-Hey contract as the Cubs did get fucked. But I don’t think the Cubs win the WS without him, and no not because of his supposedly legendary speech. There were 2 other teams, the Cards and I forgot who else that offered him more money. He was the cream of the crop in his free agency class.

Reactions: Marko

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Nobody wants to take on that contract. They could not move him unless they ate probably half the remaining money. He is a professional, and a class act, so we can only hope he teaches the youngsters the proper way while he is here

Regarding the Jay-Hey contract as the Cubs did get fucked. But I don’t think the Cubs win the WS without him, and no not because of his supposedly legendary speech. There were 2 other teams, the Cards and I forgot who else that offered him more money. He was the cream of the crop in his free agency class.
Exactly.

Thread Info