⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I only hate on wife beaters. No other morals!

Also agree on Cora...wouldn't mind seeing him hired. Unsure about Ozzie. A lot of fans seem to want Ozzie....
I would 100% bring back Ozzie, I hated him as a Cub fan but respected him and think he is a good manager.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
A more mature Ozzie might not be terrible. I also wouldn't mind stealing Sandy Alomar from the Indians. AJ Pierzynski would be an interesting choice but he has zero experience. I want Thome on the coaching staff though.

This would be perfect:
Manager: Ozzie
Bench Coach: AJ
Hitting coach: Thome

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
A more mature Ozzie might not be terrible. I also wouldn't mind stealing Sandy Alomar from the Indians. AJ Pierzynski would be an interesting choice but he has zero experience. I want Thome on the coaching staff though.
They say catchers always make good managers. Thome has always been a class act and always liked him as a player

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
AJ would also be a very "White Sox" pick and I think could do well. He's got a ton of fire and is a fan favorite. He'd be like an Ozzie that you could understand. I think with all the Latin kids on the team, they'll need a guy fluent in Spanish though. Sandy Alomar wouldn't upset me but the Indians would have to allow him to interview.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Cooper was like Hawk. He did great things but his time has passed. With sabermetrics and data analyzation being the new way to make decisions, Coop was too stuck in his old school ways. That being said there was a huge influx of TJ surgeries with the Sox young pitchers in the last few years. Plus the only guy to really turn it around was Giolito and he did that with help from his HS or College coach, not Cooper. He has done a lot for the organization. He out lasted 4 managers but it's time to move on.

Thread Info