⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
If anyone has MLB TV, they were replaying old games today like the Red Sox win back in '75. Not sure if it's an everyday thing but it's cool to see how far baseball has come. The announcers were so much better and it didn't matter if they were biased. It was refreshing to hear honest opinions rather than scared agreements between announcers.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
If anyone has MLB TV, they were replaying old games today like the Red Sox win back in '75. Not sure if it's an everyday thing but it's cool to see how far baseball has come. The announcers were so much better and it didn't matter if they were biased. It was refreshing to hear honest opinions rather than scared agreements between announcers.
Damn that would be great to see. I like the old announcers and their biased opinions. That was one of the big things I like about Hawk Harrelson. I was going to sign up for MLB TV this year until the season was put on hold.

Reactions: dberz94

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
First and foremost I'm happy as shit that baseball is back. But not a fan of the format or some of the stupid fucking rules.
Whoever wins the WS should come with a * and I'm including the Cubs should they pull it off. Should have expanded the post season to 16 teams, so the good teams that start slow still have a shot. I mean look at Washington last year. Thru 60 games they were like 5-6 games under .500 and they wound up winning the WS. I love NL baseball where the pitcher hits as I feel there is more strategy involved. But I'm okay with the universal DH as it was bound to happen eventually. But this bullshit where a reliever has to face a min of 3 batters or extra innings starting with a runner on 2nd is fucking dumb, this isnt little league. If people bitch the games are too long, then they dont have to watch. Heard another rule, players arent allowed to chew or spit, yeah good luck enforcing that. Manfred is a fucking joke

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Regarding some of the rules (3 batter minimum for relief pitchers, extra innings man on 2nd, and the universal DH), I think having a shortened season is a great test-bed for it. They can weigh the pros and cons after this short season, and then determine if it's worth keeping or not. Sometimes changes end up for the better, and sometimes not. But testing it out this year isn't the worst thing in the world. Bring on the games, and hopefully Covid doesn't reappear and shut it down again.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Regarding some of the rules (3 batter minimum for relief pitchers, extra innings man on 2nd, and the universal DH), I think having a shortened season is a great test-bed for it. They can weigh the pros and cons after this short season, and then determine if it's worth keeping or not. Sometimes changes end up for the better, and sometimes not. But testing it out this year isn't the worst thing in the world. Bring on the games, and hopefully Covid doesn't reappear and shut it down again.
I can live with the other shit, but the man on 2nd is beyond fucking stupid. Just to appease some people who feel the games are too long. We do that in all my softball leagues in extra innings and we fucking hate it.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
The runner on second was being tested last year in the Atlantic league I believe. They weren't going to implement it this year but with the short season and not having the minor leagues playing they want to avoid Marathon games. Personally 18 inning games are fun to watch but it would throw everything out of wack this year.

I think the reliever minimum is dumb. It gives the advantage to the offense as they can pinch hit knowing you can't change pitchers. No more pinch hitting to get a pitcher out of there just to have another pinch hitter.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
The 1999 Homerun Derby at Fenway is on MLB network right now until 8

I asked Jim Thome to sign my 1999 All Star game program. I wish he did not sign it across the middle.

IMG_3046.jpg

Reactions: dberz94

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I know this team will hit. The main concerns are will they play defense, can they pitch well. Keuchel pitched very well last night. This team will be really fun to watch for the next few years as they have tied a majority of the main pieces under contract
Cease needs to turn the corner and Lopez needs to figure his shit out. This is also a do or die year for Fulmer. Who knows what we'll get out of Rodon. My biggest concern is Kopech being a head case and never being valuable for the Sox. That all being said we still have Dunning, Lambert and Stiever about ready to go and a 2-3 good arms in the pipeline not named Crochet.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Cease needs to turn the corner and Lopez needs to figure his shit out. This is also a do or die year for Fulmer. Who knows what we'll get out of Rodon. My biggest concern is Kopech being a head case and never being valuable for the Sox. That all being said we still have Dunning, Lambert and Stiever about ready to go and a 2-3 good arms in the pipeline not named Crochet.

Im not woriied about Kopech. It made sense to sit this shortened season out. This will be the season for Cease for sure.

Thread Info