⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Because you were there and know who was involved and what happened. Other videos floating around showing SUX fans fighting as well, but you choose not to post those.....SMFH. After the game there were a bunch of hillbilly SUX fans talking shit to only the Cub fans they could get away with talking shit too. Didn’t say a fucking word to anyone that they knew would throw some hands with them. Stay classy Bridgeport and Cannaryville.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Because you were there and know who was involved and what happened. Other videos floating around showing SUX fans fighting as well, but you choose not to post those.....SMFH. After the game there were a bunch of hillbilly SUX fans talking shit to only the Cub fans they could get away with talking shit too. Didn’t say a fucking word to anyone that they knew would throw some hands with them. Stay classy Bridgeport and Cannaryville.
My friends a Chicago cop....said almost all arrests were cubs "fans"

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I really want to stop watching baseball because of these retarded fans on both sides. Not even worth it to pick one. Wake me up in September when its Bears season.

In all honesty, the last 7-8 years maybe even longer it hasnt been like that.
Many years ago it was pretty bad and I have been in my fair share of fights at both Wrigley and whatever the SUX were calling their stadium at the time.
Maybe now that the SUX appear to be turning the corner, the fans are starting to take it serious again, maybe even a little too serious, lol. Where we sat Saturday night (left field bleachers 1st row) it was a great time. I was with 3 SUX fans and it was probably a even 50/50 mixture of both Cubs and SUX fans around us. We all did some shit talking, but also just talked baseball with the others around us. Not one time was it ever out of hand and thats including late in the game after many beers consumed. Shit I even caught a ball and gave it to a little girl who was a SUX fan and giving me shit the whole game, lol. Even after giving her the ball she was still giving me shit about being a Cubs fan.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I was with 3 SUX fans and it was probably a even 50/50 mixture of both Cubs and SUX fans around us. We all did some shit talking, but also just talked baseball with the others around us. Not one time was it ever out of hand and thats including late in the game after many beers consumed. Shit I even caught a ball and gave it to a little girl who was a SUX fan and giving me shit the whole game, lol. Even after giving her the ball she was still giving me shit about being a Cubs fan.

I think this makes it fun. I love the shit talking. I don't know why some people have to take it further than that. The shit talking is all in good fun...and at the end of the day...its just baseball. People seriously have an issue with taking it personal and then it gets nasty....I just don't get it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
People seriously have an issue with taking it personal and then it gets nasty....I just don't get it.

Shit load of alcohol and being immature and or not being able to handle that alcohol. Been there and done that at many Cubs/Sux games many years ago. We literally went to the games knowing we were going to fight and would be disappointed if we didnt. I see the shit now and just laugh and think I used to be "that guy".

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
They just said on the radio that no arrest were made in that fight. I do not condone this type of behavior even though I have been arrested for fighting at a bear’s game...LOL

Did you wind up in the jail cells at Soldiers Field or was this prior to the renovation and they hauled your ass to the police station?
Been to both, lol.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
In all honesty, the last 7-8 years maybe even longer it hasnt been like that.
Many years ago it was pretty bad and I have been in my fair share of fights at both Wrigley and whatever the SUX were calling their stadium at the time.
Maybe now that the SUX appear to be turning the corner, the fans are starting to take it serious again, maybe even a little too serious, lol. Where we sat Saturday night (left field bleachers 1st row) it was a great time. I was with 3 SUX fans and it was probably a even 50/50 mixture of both Cubs and SUX fans around us. We all did some shit talking, but also just talked baseball with the others around us. Not one time was it ever out of hand and thats including late in the game after many beers consumed. Shit I even caught a ball and gave it to a little girl who was a SUX fan and giving me shit the whole game, lol. Even after giving her the ball she was still giving me shit about being a Cubs fan.

I think this makes it fun. I love the shit talking. I don't know why some people have to take it further than that. The shit talking is all in good fun...and at the end of the day...its just baseball. People seriously have an issue with taking it personal and then it gets nasty....I just don't get it.

Shit talking is one thing for sure. When it gets to these acts of violence its out of hand. Luckily Ive never had an issue like that just for the simple fact that I dont care to fight over a god damn sports team. :rofl: Ive only been to one Cub/Sox game and it wasnt terrible, but I dont know if Id want to go again.

I always thought it was a cardinal rule that if there is a kid around you and you get a ball, its an automatic hand off to the kid. :dunno: Then again Ive never gotten a ball so. :rollpicard:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
As we sit here in a division with 2 100+ loss teams and we are at a whopping .439 win percentage.

As a Sox fan...these arguments are silly since the only comeback we have is the "next year we will be better, look at our young talent!"

To be fair, Northsiders said that for over a century. :p

Gets old doesnt it? :ROFLMAO:

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
2019-09-26.png

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
All you SUX fans act like the SUX are the fucking Yankees with 27 Championships. Guess what, your not and you have 3 just like the Cubs.
Only people that talked shit the last 4-5 years and I respect as die hard SUX fans is Lead Pipe and Ryan, the rest of you are bandwagon fans imo. You know how many Championships the SUX have in the last 100 years, ONE just like the Cubs. You know how many times the SUX have made the playoffs in the last 34 years? 4 times and that includes 2005, Cubs have done that the last 4 years. So the Cubs underachieved/choked this year, big fucking deal. I didnt see them beating the Braves let alone the Dodgers had they made the playoffs. Yankees are probably a stud pitcher away from going on a 4-5yr tear in the AL, good luck getting past them if the rest of your talent pans out.

Reactions: Lead Pipe

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
They choked last year also. Only part about them that annoys me is when they do poorly I have to listen the Cubs fan's on sports radio claiming the sky is falling. Will be curious what manager they replace Maddon with and how much of the team gets changed around. They have at least half a pitching staff to come up with.

Sox were at least enjoyable to watch this year somewhat, compared to last year which was awful. Have some hopes compared to my Bulls who don't seem to know how to tank and rebuild.

Thread Info