⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Contreras grand slam was right in front of us. Another 3' higher and one of us 100% for sure would have caught it. My buddy Leroy is letting my buddy Ralphy have it. Ralphy and my brother on the end are both SUX fans

9t7XEYs.jpg

1SdVEUT.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Beer is overpriced anywhere except at the liquor store. No exceptions. Just dont drink beer and enjoy the game. :rofl:

The food is amazing on the south side. They are always adding new stuff and its actually not terribly priced. Still overpriced ball park food, but slightly cheaper and 10X better than the Cub game I was at 2 years ago when the Cards blew their asshole out.

The "ace" is the "ace" cause Rodon and Kopech are getting good ole Tommy John surgery.

Rodon has never established himself as an ace. He's always had the stuff but could never put it together. Gioilito is the ace until Cease or Kopech take that title away from him. It will be interesting to see his numbers at the end of the season. Lopez has completely shit the bed.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Rodon has never established himself as an ace. He's always had the stuff but could never put it together. Gioilito is the ace until Cease or Kopech take that title away from him. It will be interesting to see his numbers at the end of the season. Lopez has completely shit the bed.

Why do you think they havent called Cease up yet? I mean he has to be better than 3 of your starters. I'm actually excited to see him pitch. I wasnt high on him when the Cubs had him, but he looks to be the real deal.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Contreras grand slam was right in front of us. Another 3' higher and one of us 100% for sure would have caught it. My buddy Leroy is letting my buddy Ralphy have it. Ralphy and my brother on the end are both SUX fans

9t7XEYs.jpg

1SdVEUT.jpg

Yeah, still never got one at any ball park. I was close to a blooper when we get tickets through my wifes work (first row first base line) but I didnt have a glove or anything so when I reached down to get it I couldnt reach cause T Rex arms. :rofl:

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Going to tonight's game as well, 1st row in left field bleachers.
Going with 3 SUX fans, so hopefully have some Cub fans sitting near us.
6:15 game and parking lots not open until 4pm, I figured they would open at 3pm.
Might say fuck bringing the grill and just pack sandwiches, chips/dip and beer
Yeah, that is super late. Usually the lot opens at 2 or something. Haven't been to a game in a while, so maybe that changed or maybe cause of the Cubs

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
The opening time is always a lie. I went to a 3 o clock game at 11 last week, lots were open with 100s of cars in the lot. I usually go to lot E with good success early.
This....the opening time is never ever the real opening time. Always open at least an hour or two before they say. Probably just a tactic to keep loser cubs "fans" out from tailgating.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I'd be more furious about your "Ace" serving up 6 earned runs against the Cubs.
Rough outing for him. Cubs have his number.

Just sickening to me though the cubs have a wife beater and their catcher is some sort of communist that insults America during their independence day celebration. Players have starts and stripes hat, Contreras is celebrating Venezuela. Sickening!!!

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Rough outing for him. Cubs have his number.

Just sickening to me though the cubs have a wife beater and their catcher is some sort of communist that insults America during their independence day celebration. Players have starts and stripes hat, Contreras is celebrating Venezuela. Sickening!!!

Good thing you aren't a fan and just a person who roots for the Sox then. I'd like the Cubs to get rid of Russell and so would most other Cub fans. He isn't much good on the field, and was worse off it.

I think your interpretation of Contreras is misplaced, though. You're entitled to your opinion about a team you aren't a fan of, though.

Thread Info