Android Official Android Thread

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
6 or Pro?

And cases are like gold right now. I grabbed a cheap knockoff clear one off Amazon, that works shockingly well (its not perfect) but its to tide me over until my two Spigen cases show up and I can decide which one to keep, or just hold on to both.
Regular 6

Yeah they are. It's nothing special also a clear from Amazon

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
I don't know if it's an Android 12 thing or what but under system> gestures > one Screenshot_20211029-111606.png handed mode you can select swipe down for notifications. Makes it way easier than shuffling your phone in your hand to pull down notifications.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So I was playing around with the camera bit last night, indoors, in a ok lit living room. I found it to be....inconsistent. I would actually say the P4 does better. Sometimes I would get super crisp shots of objects and other times I would get low quality results on everything but what the camera was focused on. I cant think of the word I want at the moment.

The wide angle lens is mediocre for anything but social media posts or daylight shots, Ive found so far at least. I think the biggest problems is the software wasn't ready for the hardware. I'm fairly certain Google is using older tricks because they weren't quite ready for show time. Meaning, I think we're going to see fairly dramatic improvements to the camera over the next few months.

I really need to take this out and shoot in daylight, try night sight and some of the other tricks it has.

Camera aside, the phone is a beast. Buttery smooth, super fast....battery seems ok so far. Good, but not great for the size. But it usually takes at least a week for the adaptive battery settings to settle down. But I took it off the charger yesterday at 8, didnt use it too much during the day but was on 5g all night (it hauls ass), used the camera and by 1am, I still had an estimated 3 hours left at around 25%. This weekend will be a good test for the phone overall.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have been chasing an issue with heathers text messaging. We bought her the new 6 (and 5A for work) hoping that would help. It didn't so then I was blaming Fi, aka TMobile because it's all we get here, and this appears to not be the issue. So back to Textra she goes... Why?

Text Messages would pop up on her screen but you would go to the messages app and they would not be there. Or we are in a group together and I am getting messages on my P3 and she didn't. After Textra switch they filled in. She had been having this issue for a while on her old P3 and I would switch carriers and reboot as a workaround but since losing Sprint that trick doesn't work anymore.

Unfortunately google still hasn't allowed RCS outside of Textra and I don't see a plan to start. They have allowed Samsung a special way in but it's apparently just for them.

PS she seems to prefer the 5A to the 6. Overall usability is better she says. I think a big part of that is the fingerprint reader. She also says the 6 is too touchy.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Have you tried going to the settings and setting if you can clear the cache and data?

Sure that does work, kind of like rebooting or switching carriers did too. But ultimately it keeps happening. Aka not permanent... Or at least I haven't found the combination that was? I figured a new phone wouldn't need that?

It's so weird.

Thread Info