Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat , wanna research this for me?

My pixel 4 received the March feature update yesterday. Since then, Messages does not alert me to anything. The app itself remains unchanged settings wise, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to alert me to a new notification. No screen pop-up, no audio, nothing. The only way to check, is to open the app and see if anything shows up there. I tried other text apps (Chomp, for example) and that works fine. Any advice?

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat , wanna research this for me?

My pixel 4 received the March feature update yesterday. Since then, Messages does not alert me to anything. The app itself remains unchanged settings wise, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to alert me to a new notification. No screen pop-up, no audio, nothing. The only way to check, is to open the app and see if anything shows up there. I tried other text apps (Chomp, for example) and that works fine. Any advice?
Have you tried force closing the app? Uninstalling any updates?

Reactions: Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This aint my first rodeo with android apps going wild ;). Its a system app, so cant be totally removed. But wiped, set back to default, joined beta, unjoined beta, nothing works. Very confusing. I got it to ding for a split second last night but thats been it.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
This aint my first rodeo with android apps going wild ;). Its a system app, so cant be totally removed. But wiped, set back to default, joined beta, unjoined beta, nothing works. Very confusing. I got it to ding for a split second last night but thats been it.
Im not a fan of pixel after having one now :LOL:

Ive had similar issues.

Pull down tray, click manage and mess with the notification settings in there. Turn off/ on or turn off notification snoozing.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I have to say, I know on here Samsung gets a lot of crap for having bloatware. I'm not sure what i'm missing there. But my Note 10+ is like a year and a half old. With new Android updates, it works even better than new. Sunday I had a heavy phone use day. It ended up having 15% at the end of the day. That was with 7.25 hours of screen-on time and 15 hours since it came off the charger in the morning. That includes nothing throttled back. It has enhanced processing, UHD screen, and so on. Just adaptive battery is on.

With as expensive as these phones are, it is nice that the phones are not leaps and bounds better every year. Or that performance is not falling off after a year.

I will say when I change phones next, I will miss the Samsung Pay MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) for paying at any credit card station. That works great and I hardly have had places it didn't work. I can get it to work at the gas pump using a dummy card. Although that seems to be where I have it not working more and more. I guess as NFC spots increase it won't be as much of an issue. It's sad to see Samsung is abandoning it on their new phones.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Is this a real question? Its Android Messages...............for the web. messages.android.com

giphy.gif

Thread Info