Movie Nope

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

From Jordan Peele

Nope stars Daniel Kaluuya—who was also in Peele’s Get Out as well as Marvel’s Black Panther, and recently won an Oscar for Judas and the Black Messiah. He and Keke Palmer (Hustlers) play a pair of ranchers in inland California looking to make it big when suddenly, something begins descending upon their town. After body snatchers in Get Out and Us’ focus on evil doppelgangers, it looks like Nope is going to see Peele tackle aliens of some kind.

The rest of the stellar cast includes Steven Yeun (Minari, Invincible, The Walking Dead), Barbie Ferreira (Euphoria), Brandon Perea (The OA), and Michael Wincott (The Crow). It arrives July 22.

Reactions: IDAFC21

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
in inland California looking to make it big when suddenly, something begins descending upon their town

I bet it's a bunch of alien spiders.

spider-animated-gif-13.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
This was absolutely incredible. I haven't actually watched a Jordan Peele movie before, but damn does that man know how to make a movie. Real cinema, which you don't see much of these days.

One small gripe. Billed as an alien movie. And it definitely starts that way. And that's in essence what it is. But it devolved into just a monster movie. 1st half of the movie, when it was always out of sight, behind the clouds, barely crossing the corner of the screen, it was terrifying. Once they showed it in full, it kind of ruined the suspense. Then it was just another "okay let's fight a monster" and you knew they'd win. This is my major gripe with just about any alien or monster movie. Don't show them in full. Ever. Ruins the effect.

Full disclaimer, alien movies are some of my absolute favorite. Definitely my favorite genre when it's horror. So take my review with a grain of sale. Id give it a 9/10.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info