NEW RIDE New rig

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Couldn’t resist any longer. I reappraised my old 2017 Ram on Friday with Vroom and they now offered 32,500 up from 31,500 last month. So went to my local dealer in Gurnee and showed them the offer and they said “yup! we’ll give you $33k right now even if you don't want to buy anything". So a couple hours later I was the owner of a 2021 Laramie with the night package, 12.1” screen, Harmon Kardon 19 speaker stereo, eTourqe hemi and panoramic roof, got it for $1,500 off msrp which seemed decent since the other dealer by me was adding adm.

D91F4AC2-82E0-46E6-B53E-D8D218DF2B45.jpeg
IMG_1037.JPG
IMG_1035 2.JPG
IMG_1036 2.JPG
IMG_1034 2.JPG

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Nice pick up. I was kicking around the idea of getting pretty much the same truck last fall. I have a 2015 and the new ones have so many better options. How many miles did your 2017 Ram have? I got a surprisingly low offer from carvana a couple weeks on my 2015.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Nice pick up. I was kicking around the idea of getting pretty much the same truck last fall. I have a 2015 and the new ones have so many better options. How many miles did your 2017 Ram have? I got a surprisingly low offer from carvana a couple weeks on my 2015.
My 2017 had just turned 38,000 miles. Carvana hit me at $28.8k and claimed I had an accident on the Carfax, but I had not been in an accident in that truck, so fuck them. The dealer pulled a Carfax while I was negotiating and it was clean as a whistle. I was shocked they beat Vroom since I had a small vertical crease/dent in the side of the bed from when my kid's basketball hoop got blown into it, and there was a dent in the back of the cab from tossing logs in the bed, plus I let a buddy borrow it once to tow his car and he pushed my tonneau cover all the way to the back of the cab when he shut the tailgate and some of the paint rubbed off. So that should tell you how bad dealers need used cars :ROFLMAO:

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
My 2017 had just turned 38,000 miles. Carvana hit me at $28.8k and claimed I had an accident on the Carfax, but I had not been in an accident in that truck, so fuck them. The dealer pulled a Carfax while I was negotiating and it was clean as a whistle. I was shocked they beat Vroom since I had a small vertical crease/dent in the side of the bed from when my kid's basketball hoop got blown into it, and there was a dent in the back of the cab from tossing logs in the bed, plus I let a buddy borrow it once to tow his car and he pushed my tonneau cover all the way to the back of the cab when he shut the tailgate and some of the paint rubbed off. So that should tell you how bad dealers need used cars :ROFLMAO:
Oh jeez, I just realized you got low 30’s for it. That’s even more than I thought. My truck has almost 140k on it so that must be the killer. It may have an accident on it too. I still was expecting high teens.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Oh I'm keeping it. It's paid off and for $11k I can't replace it. It's just starting to nickel and dime me. What do you have?
I have a Vararam Air Grabber intake: https://www.lmperformance.com/660510/vr-grabber-vararam-4g-air-grabber-4th-gen-57l-hemi-trucks.html that I'm pretty sure won't fit the 21 because of the eTorque stsyem, and the Tazer module which lets you modify the BCM, run LED/HID lights add factory parts and code them, etc. https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_tzr_ram/#security-bypass-modules

Thread Info