Drag to reposition cover

NEW RIDE My Quest for a Skyline R34 GT-R

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
Reaction score
Don’t ask me, I ordered something on Wish once and was very disappointed.

if your willing to pay for a search committee I’ll head over there with Mook Mook and do recon.

Bru

Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh, here it is. Very nice, Will. Congrats :bigthumb:

OP
willizm

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Good way to spend 28k on overpriced nismo bits. :rofl: I’m going to need to weed this back. Thinking wheels, cluster, ztune hood and intercooler. The other stuff can wait or be done later before importing it.

DEA1DA7F-49DB-4F56-A1D9-8784505E4DE4.jpeg

OP
willizm

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Car is off to storage and one last walk around before it’s covered up. Need to finalize modifications with Doston and it will take 2 years before the CF R-Tune hood is made by Nismo. I’m probably doing nismo hood, wheels, cluster, intercooler. Other than that I’ll be keeping the car pretty much stock.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It's so beautiful I could cry.

IceCreamAssassin

Drive Safe, Don’t Rape
Donating Member
Reaction score
Car is off to storage and one last walk around before it’s covered up. Need to finalize modifications with Doston and it will take 2 years before the CF R-Tune hood is made by Nismo. I’m probably doing nismo hood, wheels, cluster, intercooler. Other than that I’ll be keeping the car pretty much stock.

Make sure you document the shit out of changing that cluster. Because now it will have unverified mileage which drastically drops the value.

OP
willizm

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Make sure you document the shit out of changing that cluster. Because now it will have unverified mileage which drastically drops the value.
That is the plan. Doston will bring it to Nissan to have them install the cluster and provide a certificate of mileage so it’s documented properly. It’s best to have that done while it’s in Japan as that cannot be provided while in the states.

IceCreamAssassin

Drive Safe, Don’t Rape
Donating Member
Reaction score
That is the plan. Doston will bring it to Nissan to have them install the cluster and provide a certificate of mileage so it’s documented properly. It’s best to have that done while it’s in Japan as that cannot be provided while in the states.
Perfect, then when they do the export paperwork you should be good and it will show it’s verified.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like to think that I'm a fairly patient person.......but if it were my signature on the documents, I would NOT be able to wait for this thing :LOL:

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Are all the parts being installed by Omori Factory? Or did they move it? If you are in Japan and you can get a tour it is worth the trip for sure!

OP
willizm

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Are all the parts being installed by Omori Factory? Or did they move it? If you are in Japan and you can get a tour it is worth the trip for sure!
It won’t be at the omori factory as I think they only do those s2 restores which is a bit over $200k not including the cost of the car. That whole process is insane but too much for me. I think those cars are a solid 2-3 years in omori factory and they are selective on which cars they will do.

OP
willizm

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I like to think that I'm a fairly patient person.......but if it were my signature on the documents, I would NOT be able to wait for this thing :LOL:
It’s honestly worse than I thought it would be. I thought I was a patient person but I’ve had a terrible couple weeks. It’s getting better, I just need to put it out of my mind and forget about it.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s honestly worse than I thought it would be. I thought I was a patient person but I’ve had a terrible couple weeks. It’s getting better, I just need to put it out of my mind and forget about it.
Car shows up in 2 years.

Oh yeah, that's where my 200k went.

OP
willizm

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
They make some interesting points but largely the car is not a 200-300k driving experience but neither are a lot of high value collectible cars. It boils down to supply and demand and people will point to the fact that they made 11k of them which sounds like a lot, but that was primarily for the Japanese only market. Say half of those sell internationally they are being dispersed all around the world. Maybe 500-1000 at most r34 gtr’s end up in the states. Also add in that most of the world has already been importing these cars and drying up Japanese supply before the us can even start legally importing and things going to get wonky in a few years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom