NEW RIDE My Quest for a Skyline R34 GT-R

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The JDM market is way overinflated, which is great for investors but terrible for enthusiasts. But thats how the game goes.

TS
TS
willizm

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
Reaction score
Not going to lie but this is starting to make me stretch my head. Price went from 750k to 1Mil. There was another bayside blue vspec2 nur that popped up for 756k as well. I have a feeling these are going to sit but hell some people with deep pockets may be fighting over them for all I know.

0E617867-D78F-464E-81BA-CEA1E92BC3B4.png

TS
TS
willizm

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
Reaction score
5 r34 gtr’s popped up in the last week between manaboon and garage defend and all but the million dollar nur sold. Shocking no one that the nur is still sitting there I think it’s going to be there for a long time. Mid market still crazy though :rofl:

OmniGLH

Regular
Reaction score
So I think I'm new to this thread? as I check in here occasionally. I know I read the first post before...

Anyways... so $175k USD +++

Is it simply the export market that's driving the values this high? This seems crazy to me.

Don't get me wrong, they are cool cars - I was fascinated with them when I was younger, was friends with a couple guys who were connected to MotoRex in the early days... I actually at one point very, very seriously considered buying a car from MotoRex before I opted to buy a then-hot-new-thing 2001 Z06. (One of the guys I worked with, and one of the other guys was on MFBA as "BW" for those OG's...)

But 175+? Sheezus.

Not hating. I just feel shocked they are legit at that price.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Supply and Demand.

They only made 11,578 R34 GT-R's. figure maybe half of them are still in good enough condition to warrant a sale/importation to the USA. And then the fact that we never got them here leads to a pretty high demand for good/clean ones.

IceCreamAssassin

Drive Safe, Don’t Rape
Donating Member
Reaction score
Plus Australia and Canada got to them first before us, so now even more difficult to find.

TS
TS
willizm

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
Reaction score
Supply and Demand.

They only made 16,668 R34 GT-R's. figure maybe half of them are still in good enough condition to warrant a sale/importation to the USA. And then the fact that we never got them here leads to a pretty high demand for good/clean ones.
According to gtr-registry there were 11,578 R34 GTR's. I think you're thinking of the R33 GTR production numbers

They made less r34 gtr's than they did r32 (43937) and r33's (16668) so the supply is rather low when you consider that these were primarily a Japan only market car with few going to other countries like Australia, UK, New Zealand. So a small country is now opening up to a world market on an already rare car. Also alot of rust issues make clean cars even more scarce so that drives up the market for clean examples as most japanese people don't have garage storage and they are surrounded by ocean so they tend to rot if left outside to the elements.

The price, well it's nuts. I think youtube and Instagram hyped them up pretty hard but it's not due strictly to American interests as these cars are being sought after strongly by people all over the world with the USA being one of the last ones to freely import them due to the upcoming 25 year rule. I don't think we've seen the ceiling yet and it would take a pretty significant world wide economic crash to see the prices ever come down.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Yup just fixed my number. Still a small number for both compared to the R32's

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
The price, well it's nuts. I think youtube and Instagram hyped them up pretty hard but it's not due strictly to American interests as these cars are being sought after strongly by people all over the world with the USA being one of the last ones to freely import them due to the upcoming 25 year rule. I don't think we've seen the ceiling yet and it would take a pretty significant world wide economic crash to see the prices ever come down.

I'm not even sure if it's those platforms. I'm guessing it's Gran Turismo and there's a lot of people that grew up with dreams to own a Skyline. Now those folks have some money and are reliving their teenage dreams. What I described is exactly the market for muscle cars and Boomers.

TS
TS
willizm

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if it's those platforms. I'm guessing it's Gran Turismo and there's a lot of people that grew up with dreams to own a Skyline. Now those folks have some money and are reliving their teenage dreams. What I described is exactly the market for muscle cars and Boomers.
Yeah I think it has a lot to do with it. Forbidden fruit and nostalgia. They are also really cool tech for the time which is what appeals to me mostly. I love that 90’s stuff and this seems to be the pinnacle of that era

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
three amigos GIF

Top Bottom