🔧 BUILD Mook's 2016 E85, Hybrid Turbo, Golf R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Just use that one so when you make future comparisons it is consistent. That way when you change tunes or add mods you can get it converted to sea level and see how it changed performance.

It is nice to see you getting interested in beating on the car and doing some racing. Maybe by spring, we will get you excited to hit a road course with it too.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
They arent exactly e85 friendly. I believe there are flex kits out via one of the tuners but you'll need a new HPFP annnnd not sure sure what else.

Ive talked to my tuner about it and he said they dont offer anything b/c the car really cant support it.

I think it varies from tuner to tuner.

Ideally the MK7 R's can't support E85 as the fueling is limited in that vehicle. When we tried it here multiple times the vehicle ran out of fueling and would sputter.
So I would advise against putting E85 in the vehicle. If anything run about 2 gallons or more of 100+ octane and that will for certain make a difference.

Some guys claim adding 2 gallons of corn helps but I dunno about that.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They arent exactly e85 friendly. I believe there are flex kits out via one of the tuners but you'll need a new HPFP annnnd not sure sure what else.

Ive talked to my tuner about it and he said they dont offer anything b/c the car really cant support it.

I think it varies from tuner to tuner.

Some guys claim adding 2 gallons of corn helps but I dunno about that.

Higher pressure fuel pumps usually are the issue on E85. I know on my BMW guys can get away with an e50 mix. Which is still much better than 93.

If anything, see if you can find some 100 octane anywhere and try throwing some of that in. I guess ask your tuner if that would benifit the engine with the tune. Or if they have an option for a tune with a race gas mixture.

In other news, the STOCK turbo record for that car is now 10.1@136, I think. Insane.

That is pretty insane. Weight reduction would be cool to see. Gutted interior or just things you can do without. That kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info