Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It'll make SOME boost but nothing much beyond like 10psi. I can at least hear the DV now, so that may have actually been on its way out. But ZERO change from when the car didn't even have a working wastegate.......soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo kind wondering if the turbo is toast....but there is no smoke, no codes, nothing that would indicate wtf could have gone wrong.

I think the wastegate voltage is adjusted wrong, despite being told it was correct, so I mean MAYBE that is causing issues but doubt it, especially since its acting the same it did when the wastegate wasnt even hooked up.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
These a lot of posts so I was having a hard time putting together a timeline of events but saw the pipe came off the intercooler. Not sure if that was before or after you noticed the wastegate arm was off.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a torn coupler or a cracked hard pipe with these symptoms and a supposed over boost from the wastegate arm coming off.

A pressure test of the cold side would be the best route to diagnose that but no idea how you’d go about doing that.

Reactions: sktchy

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
These a lot of posts so I was having a hard time putting together a timeline of events but saw the pipe came off the intercooler. Not sure if that was before or after you noticed the wastegate arm was off.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a torn coupler or a cracked hard pipe with these symptoms and a supposed over boost from the wastegate arm coming off.

A pressure test of the cold side would be the best route to diagnose that but no idea how you’d go about doing that.
Car spun super bad in -10 temps, POP. IC pipe popped off and at that same time, wg arm must have come off. Since then, fixed pipe. Fixed wg with a brand new wg last week (I think the voltage is wrong but car drives identical to before), replaced DV earlier today. Unchanged.

So maybe there is a crack someplace. Gonna have to remove everything.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Car spun super bad in -10 temps, POP. IC pipe popped off and at that same time, wg arm must have come off. Since then, fixed pipe. Fixed wg with a brand new wg last week (I think the voltage is wrong but car drives identical to before), replaced DV earlier today. Unchanged.

So maybe there is a crack someplace. Gonna have to remove everything.
I would bet that was:
  1. Wastegate arm came off
  2. Car made lots of power
  3. Spun like crazy
  4. Pop goes the weasel (pipe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info