Netflix Love Death + Robots [Netflix]

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
OKay so I agree, if you like LD&R, go for:
robot carnival (mentioned, and is also on prime and tubi for free)
NeoTokyo, (the trailer kind of sucks, but its worth it just for "Running Man" )

Memories, which has some good sections

Short Peace, the third section has a pretty awesome mech vs tank battle

(the above three are sort of related, some team or something)
If you want an off the wall all adrenaline racing anime, I would suggest Redline (its nuts)

I found about 8 minutes of english dub for Redline, one race.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
OKay so I agree, if you like LD&R, go for:
robot carnival (mentioned, and is also on prime and tubi for free)
NeoTokyo, (the trailer kind of sucks, but its worth it just for "Running Man" )

Memories, which has some good sections

Short Peace, the third section has a pretty awesome mech vs tank battle

(the above three are sort of related, some team or something)
If you want an off the wall all adrenaline racing anime, I would suggest Redline (its nuts)

I found about 8 minutes of english dub for Redline, one race.

Was in love with Robot Carnival from the prologue. There are 1 or 2 shorts I usually skip, but Nightmare (the last one) is my absolute favorite.

Robot Carnival is kind of Anime Mecha version of Fantasia. Every episode has to deal with a Robot or Mecha theme of some kind.

I loved Running Man. Used to air as part of MTV's Liquid Television lineup. I downloaded a copy ages ago.

Redline was at beautifully animated, and the trailer seems awesome, but I found it disappointing in the end.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
Was in love with Robot Carnival from the prologue. There are 1 or 2 shorts I usually skip, but Nightmare (the last one) is my absolute favorite.

Robot Carnival is kind of Anime Mecha version of Fantasia. Every episode has to deal with a Robot or Mecha theme of some kind.

I loved Running Man. Used to air as part of MTV's Liquid Television lineup. I downloaded a copy ages ago.

Redline was at beautifully animated, and the trailer seems awesome, but I found it disappointing in the end.
ha, well I know we are of the same age when you say you saw running man on liquid television, that was the same place I saw it first. It took me some time to find it since liquid TV didnt exactly list all the sources, and the internet back then was more the wild west, I still have the dvd that I special ordered of NeoTokyo.
I kind of agree with redline, its very nice eye candy, but it sort of falls part and you can see where they ran out of ideas.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
ha, well I know we are of the same age when you say you saw running man on liquid television, that was the same place I saw it first. It took me some time to find it since liquid TV didnt exactly list all the sources, and the internet back then was more the wild west, I still have the dvd that I special ordered of NeoTokyo.
I kind of agree with redline, its very nice eye candy, but it sort of falls part and you can see where they ran out of ideas.
Yeah, took me years to find a copy of it, half the time because I didn't even really know what words I needed to use to search for it. I think I eventually found it after slogging through results of "F-Zero Anime 90's". Even though it originally aired in Japan in 1987, it was 1992 when MTV picked it up for LT.

Redline suffered I think because it focused so much on wacky visuals, but the story is supremely boring. So its basically skip to the races and ignore everything else. Best I can summarize it would be if anyone remembers the Hanah Barbara Wacky Races shows. Wacky strange cars with funky characters racing. Redline has all of the wacky cars and crazy races, but lacks everywhere else.

For the most part the best thing to come out of Redline was a Motley Crue AMV of it.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
Yeah, took me years to find a copy of it, half the time because I didn't even really know what words I needed to use to search for it. I think I eventually found it after slogging through results of "F-Zero Anime 90's". Even though it originally aired in Japan in 1987, it was 1992 when MTV picked it up for LT.

Redline suffered I think because it focused so much on wacky visuals, but the story is supremely boring. So its basically skip to the races and ignore everything else. Best I can summarize it would be if anyone remembers the Hanah Barbara Wacky Races shows. Wacky strange cars with funky characters racing. Redline has all of the wacky cars and crazy races, but lacks everywhere else.

For the most part the best thing to come out of Redline was a Motley Crue AMV of it.

oh that is just awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info