🔧 BUILD Mark's 2015 KB Mustang

General Information

Tonight I picked up the 2001 Mustang's replacement.

It is a manual Deep Impact Blue 2015 Mustang GT premium with the only options being the 3.55 rear-end, navigation, and the 19" dark aluminum wheels. I had initially thought I'd wait until much later this year, but I got impatient.

I worked with [MENTION=4923]The Beast[/MENTION] at getting it sent to his dealership from the Sandwich dealership. Sandwich is the only one that had the exact set-up I wanted. It was either that or a factory order. Beast did a fantastic job getting the Mustang for me, and he gave me a really good price on it. That's another part of the reason I bought sooner than later.

He told me this morning that he was able to get the car to his dealership by the late afternoon. So on my lunch I went to Chase to get a loan and that was it. I had a very positive experience with John, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Also, huge props to Mook for helping me pick up the car and then spending a couple hours driving around and helping me learn how to better drive it. I also have to give a shout-out to [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] for also letting me learn the basics on his car.

My first night's, opinion? I'm in love with this car. It is awesome in every way. I can't wait to really get good enough to rip through the gears. I'm super-glad I went the way of a manual for this car. For a car that won't see too many quarter mile passes, the manual was the way to go for sure!

Here are the pics of my new ride:

IMAG0360_zpsetbdu9zt.jpg

IMAG0362_zpsqmmzud6g.jpg

17307383365_345eb00d2e_h.jpg

17307383305_112093bbae_h.jpg
Reactions: Flyn

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
After driving the car more, I feel like it might be stuttering a bit. It seems hit or miss. I'd like to get some fresh plugs in and see if that helps. I don't know what the gap should be, but I can check to see what the current gap is and mirror it.
PBD is gonna tell you .028-.032. I would definitely get fresh plugs in the car before you start datalogging.

PBD will have you squared away. As long as you can hook up in 2nd gear you can just use that as your wot logs. I would definitely do a log or two running through the gears at wot to make sure you're not getting knock between shifts.

Reactions: 1quick and Yaj Yak

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I ordered a custom tune from PBD. I had shit luck getting someone on the phone, so I just ordered through the website. Maybe someone will reach out to me now.

My understanding is that they will send a base file on my listed mods. I'll log some test runs on my X4 and sent it off to him. Then he'll send me revisions etc. I don't mind making some test runs on the street, I just hope I don't need to do many 100mph pulls.

Fuck yes you wont regret it.

Hope you bought when the memorial day sales were on!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Spending $13k on the car in the last 3 years isn't serious? This next $600 will put me into 'serious'? Well, maybe that's not serious for the average enthusiast, but it's a lot for something of a very casual hobby.

I guess I'm going into this with low expectations, so I can only be pleased by the outcome. I'm not saying that PBD isn't the next best thing since sliced bread, I'm just skeptical that it'll be much different than how the car is now. If it is, I'm even more peeved at my tuner for convincing me to just stay with the canned tune from KB.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Most canned blower tunes are not good. Whipple had great tuning however for the 15-17 manual Coyote cars. If I didnt move to E85 I never would have changed the tune. The flight control is great and I still put down like 725rwhp on the canned Whipple tune. I actually just used my whipple tuning software to update my bcm for the rear gear swap. No other tuners can do that...

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Spending $13k on the car in the last 3 years isn't serious? This next $600 will put me into 'serious'? Well, maybe that's not serious for the average enthusiast, but it's a lot for something of a very casual hobby.

I guess I'm going into this with low expectations, so I can only be pleased by the outcome. I'm not saying that PBD isn't the next best thing since sliced bread, I'm just skeptical that it'll be much different than how the car is now. If it is, I'm even more peeved at my tuner for convincing me to just stay with the canned tune from KB.
It will be a very noticeable gain, unless kB is unlike any other blower company and has the tunes dialed in and took most of the tq management out of it, if this is the case then I’m impressed, but my guess is your tuner isn’t a very good coyote tuner

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Ha, I almost flipped my shit last night. My SCT X4 required some gigantic update to load the custom tune, like it had been running for two hours. And then my son decided to jump on the laptop and close the program. I had seen a warning about potentially bricking the X4 if you interrupted the load. Thankfully it seemed like I just had to start that over again, and all appears to be well.

I'm heading to the store to pick up the new NGK 6510 plugs in a bit. I need to inventory supplies to make sure I have everything I'll need, it's been a while since I've swapped out plugs. PBD recommended .025 for the plug gap.

Reactions: Rent Free

Thread Info