Sep 10, 2006
TN
Paint them , I've done it myself . That color will match your TH color nicely

20170527_140040.jpg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Most powder coaters should be able to disassemble your calipers and reassemble. I know mine needed to be torn apart and rebuilt when I had them powdered.

If you're gonna paint, I think using a QUALITY two stage clear is the difference between a nice looking job and a job that looks like its been done at home. The red calupers posted above look decent, but can still tell its a garage job just from the pic.

The caliper pictured was done using rattle cans but the guy used a $15-20 can of clear. Screenshot_20191010-164053_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Most powder coaters should be able to disassemble your calipers and reassemble. I know mine needed to be torn apart and rebuilt when I had them powdered.

If you're gonna paint, I think using a QUALITY two stage clear is the difference between a nice looking job and a job that looks like its been done at home. The red calupers posted above look decent, but can still tell its a garage job just from the pic.

The caliper pictured was done using rattle cans but the guy used a $15-20 can of clear. View attachment 46321

I'm considering doing this to the 350's Brembo's. The unfinished grey metal look isn't cutting it.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I'm considering doing this to the 350's Brembo's. The unfinished grey metal look isn't cutting it.
What color you thinking? Im getting tired of my red calipers so I might buy Pratts 6piston Brembos and coat all my calipers a different color than red. Was thinking that copper would look good with my car, or black or a color that matches Deep Impact Blue.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
:bowdown: This thing is like the ultimate daily driver. Problem is, I would store it and buy a beater for the winter.
Will see how it does this winter as its a SUV, lol. Knowing me I will buy a used Tahoe next winter and use that as well. TH WILL NOT be a garage queen next winter. I will use the Tahoe on days I know I have to haul shit around for work and on days its snowing. Not that I'm worried about the snow, its the other assholes on the road that I dont want sliding in to the TH

Reactions: cdh027

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
What color you thinking? Im getting tired of my red calipers so I might buy Pratts 6piston Brembos and coat all my calipers a different color than red. Was thinking that copper would look good with my car, or black or a color that matches Deep Impact Blue.

I was initially gonna go red like the R, but now you've got me thinking.......................

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Will see how it does this winter as its a SUV, lol. Knowing me I will buy a used Tahoe next winter and use that as well. TH WILL NOT be a garage queen next winter. I will use the Tahoe on days I know I have to haul shit around for work and on days its snowing. Not that I'm worried about the snow, its the other assholes on the road that I dont want sliding in to the TH

I hear ya, but I'm just a puss that doesnt have the heart to drive a beutiful machine like that through salt.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I was initially gonna go red like the R, but now you've got me thinking.......................
I think velocity blue would look awesome that color is bright and pops everywhere. The problem with Deep Impact is that it gets really dark in low light situations and they just wont stand out behind a wheel. Yellow is an option too for me...
I just feel they stick out like a sore thumb. I prefer them to match the color of the vehicle.
When I eventually do aftermarket wheels, I'm probably going do do a concave 5 star wheel. So they calipers will really be seen then.
They do stick out, but in a good way. I think they look awesome especially with that red.

Reactions: cdh027

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shawn in here talking about what color his springs and calipers should be... Listen to yourself man! You should be talking about shredding the tires and how good it sounds at full throttle.

#2fast2furious :bowrofl:
Needs a CAI to improve sound at WOT. Hoping to find a used one in the next couple of weeks. If not then will purchase new.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

Red Alert

Addict
Aug 10, 2012
In the beginning of November I was heading West on Higgins and caught the light at Higgins/Barrington with a Model S (not sure what trim level, the car was debadged). The light turns green and the guy shoots out of a cannon and is rubber necking me the whole time to see if I can hang. I wasn’t trying to race. We catch the immediate light after at Shoe Factory and I was thinking in my head it’s on now bitch! The guy gets the hit because basically jumped the light.....I proceeded to give it hell and put BUS LENGTHS on him [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] I could not get the dude to roll up anywhere near my car after that, he was always conveniently pacing behind me no matter how much I slowed down.

The guy probably wasted so much charge on those runs but at least he can go home and be happy about having full charge the next day when he pulls it out of the garage. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

Thread Info