Fuel Pressure Problem

Mustang Matt

Feb 4, 2006
Any one have a "P0190" Trouble code. This is a fuel rail pressure sensor.
Does this mean that the sensor is bad or that the correct pressure is not reaching the sensor? Is it possible that there is a pump problem and/or a filter clog?
Any ideas??

The car ran normal last night until I stepped on it then it bogged down and sputtered from the exhaust, This was only under boost. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge so I have no idea what the pressure is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Thanks for the help, I will try to pick part up and change it out today.

Your the best, you saved me lots of time and aggravation.

Any idea what causes the sensor to break?

Matt

No problem man.

That sensor is the source of much frustration with these cars. They just seem to let go for whatever reason. Most commonly, they pop when you hit the rev limiter but not always. I popped one on the dyno a couple years ago.

:dunno:

jay_Z_SVT

Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for the help, I will try to pick part up and change it out today.

Your the best, you saved me lots of time and aggravation.

Any idea what causes the sensor to break?

Matt

thats why i asked if you have the pressure check valve in the tank removed.
that seems to be the the main cause for popping the frps.
or aftermarket tunes and high boost.
its one of those parts your almost better off driving around with one in you glove box on a modified car.

J

Mustang Matt

Feb 4, 2006
thats why i asked if you have the pressure check valve in the tank removed.
that seems to be the the main cause for popping the frps.
or aftermarket tunes and high boost.
its one of those parts your almost better off driving around with one in you glove box.

J

Everything in the tank is stock, Gas tank was never removed, So I assume that the pressure check valve is still their. Thanks for the help, I just picked up the part at Joe Cotton for $69.69(go figure) and will be installing it tonight.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
No problem man.

That sensor is the source of much frustration with these cars. They just seem to let go for whatever reason. Most commonly, they pop when you hit the rev limiter but not always. I popped one on the dyno a couple years ago.

:dunno:

Is there a good aftermarket one? That can take high boost? And where is this frps located? I am thinking of getting one just as a spare.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info