Official Ford Maverick Thread

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
When is delivery?

Sometime around March/April I’d assume.

I’m not 100% sure I’ll keep it. I’m perfectly content with the Prius for daily duty. It’s paid for, comfortable and will still best the maverick by 10-15 MPG.

I want one. I want one bad, but I’m having a hard time justifying $300/mo when I’m saving that already in a paid for car. Ordered one to hold my place in line and cross that bridge when I get to it.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Everyone does. Lol. The Mav was a no-brainer Yukon replacement and then the Prius fell into my lap.

This is exactly what mine will look like. XLT trim, same wheels, same color.

7AA60E24-EB4F-45CF-A9D8-90F1C0C9F0B6.jpeg

C87E7C71-FAA7-4475-9BD7-79A0C7B8C48F.jpeg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Man, I was getting super excited reading this thread. Something like others have said. Just a Home Depot runner to take kids around with. Less than $30K decently optioned. Until I optioned it, and realized its pretty much the same damn cost of a Santa Cruz with less HP and towing. Cruze has 3500 lbs across the board unless you get AWD then its 5000. Maverick is 2000 or need to get the 4K towing package and ecoboost engine for 4000.

Maybe I should just buy a Ridgeline.

I believe the n/a 2.5L engine and FWD & AWD still have a tow rating of 3500 lbs. The 2.5L Turbo is the one that gets the 5,000 lb tow rating. The 2.5L Turbo is only available with AWD currently.

I like my Santa Cruz Limited. It has hauled everything I have needed if for so far. Which has been a lot of hauling stuff in the last couple of months. Unlike a Ridgeline or Ranger, it still fits in my garage. Which is a bonus come winter. Plus it doesn't drive like a mid or full-size truck. I would happily recommend it to anyone who was looking for a compact truck and was realistic with their needs/wants.

Ford was smart with their base pricing of the XLT and Lariet. It seems to be way cheaper than the SEL Premium and Limited Santa Cruz. Until you add options to the Maverick and find that price gap disappears. But if the Hybrid engine works for you, the saving in fuel might make up some of that pricing. But no go if you need that 4K towing package.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I wish they’d make an ST version of this or the ranger. I’d like a smaller/midsize truck for the practicality, but then I drive my dads GMC Canyon and it’s just boring as fuck to drive.

Go drive a Santa Cruz Limited or the SEL premium. They have good power and handle very well. That is a benefit of a unibody-based truck versus a body on frame, like the Colorado. The Maverick handles more like a truck whereas the Santa Cruz is more like an SUV. They have a little turbo lag from a stand still. So the 0-60 times don't look too impressive. But from a roll, it goes very well.

But I'd like to see a ST and N version of both of them.

Reactions: DanJ

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Go drive a Santa Cruz Limited or the SEL premium. They have good power and handle very well. That is a benefit of a unibody-based truck versus a body on frame, like the Colorado. The Maverick handles more like a truck whereas the Santa Cruz is more like an SUV. They have a little turbo lag from a stand still. So the 0-60 times don't look too impressive. But from a roll, it goes very well.

But I'd like to see a ST and N version of both of them.

I like the stats on those, but the styling is a bit wild for a truck for me.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Why am i just seeing this thread now?!?!?!

As of today ford is no longer taking orders on anymore 2022 ford mavericks. Within the last 2 or 3 weeks they already had a price increase on it too

There was a recall if you had a spray in bed liner. Someone at the factory was drilling the drain holes too deep and going into the gas tanks. So now they switched to a drop in bed liner...

The co-pilot 360 is starting to hold up some orders too (again this should be standard OEM equipment not factory add on)

I test drove 2 of the hyundai santa cruz trucks. Better than the maverick in a lot of ways. Fit and finish, quality, options etc. I love how they have wireless charging and wireless car play. You can upgrade your maverick to wireless charging but no wireless car play. Kind of pointless to only have 1 or the other. The back seat seemed a lot smaller in the cruz. A few stupid things I didn't like. The roll up bed cover eats into the bed a lot, has a standard gas cap ('m used to honda and ford with no gas cap) and the 2.5L non turbo is piss ass slow. Crazy stupid slow. I didn't drive the turbo but it's about 100more hp, too bad it starts around 40k

What I hate about the maverick is how much stuff they skipped out on. Stupid little quality of life things. Small rearview mirror (not auto dimming), no rear defroster, no way to close the air vents and the one that truly pisses me off on a daily basis is no light on the sun visor mirror. That only comes on the lariat edition. No engine cover( I get it, it saves money but the engine is kind of loud). Thinking that some people are spending nearly 35k-40k without some of these little things seems ridiculous as it should be standard equipment. No lumbar support, no satellite radio antenna and the worlds worst stereo setup. I've had to do a reset on my radio 5 times in 2k miles because it just doesn't work, or has a constant noise that doesn't go away.

Someone lowered their maverick with escape springs and I think i'm in love

Bushur racing claims 27hp with just an intake.

I'm patiently waiting for warmer weather because I have some stuff to install and this thing doesn't fit in my garage.

Other than some of the above mentioned i do like my truck. That being said if the value goes stupid high I would have no issues trading it in for a santa cruz. Vroom offered me 26k and carvana offered me 30k. Would of been a great deal if I didn't pay 4k over sticker ... ha

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
So, my takeaway on the overall quality of the maverick is you should be thoroughly impressed with what you get for your money in your base XL or XLT. It was not and isn’t meant to be a $40,000 luxury vehicle. It’s a wonderful $22,000 truck. Not so much at double that.
Mine is the XLT with f360 so I think sticker was about $26k. My 2021 Honda Civic ST had a sticker of 28k. They are worlds apart as far as quality and options. It had everything from proximity/push button start, front and rear heated leather seats, 8 speakers, power seats, lumbar, sunroof, paddle shifters, fog lights, hood struts, rear defrost, rear wiper, adaptive cruise and other odds and ends. So I think what you mostly get is the truck portion for the price. If it was 30k decked out and 20k bottom entry it would been even better. But 35-40k it’s better to look elsewhere.
I’m happy with it, just wish ford didn’t go to such great lengths to cheap out. I really do miss my auto up window
But yeah 22k it’s awesome as cheap fleet trucks and cheap to haul stuff for sure. I think the Colorado starts around 30k so they for sure are getting a corner of the market nobody else has
I wanted a ridgeline but 50k…..f that

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Gamble Gamble

The sweet spot for the Santa Cruz with the 2.5T and a bunch of options is the SEL Premium. It's like $35(ish). So you don't have To go for the 41k Limited of you can do with out a few things. Like the automatic wipers, black chrome accents, and a few other options. Hyundai website has a nice chart that shows what options are included in each of their 4 models (SE, SEL, SEL Premium, and Limited)

The roll up tonneau cover box does take up some usable space. So if you need that space more often than not, you can sell them for good money. They are ridiculously expensive from the dealer. And any I've seen listed sold right away. As the SE and SEL don't come with them. Then you can always get a vinyl tonneau if you prefer that.

There are some other common complaints. Like no memory seats, no rear seat armrest, no rear HVAC vents in the back seat in lower models, and smaller stuff. Oh, and the wireless car play is not available on the 10" infotainment screen. It's not compatible with that system. So the smaller display is the one that gets wireless car play. Which I believe the SEL premium has. So again, that is the best value model in the Santa Cruz for the money.

The maverick and Santa Cruz are similar. But I don't think they really are competitors. Like Outlaw said, the maverick is a $20k truck. A fleet truck with the hybrid is its focus. As you go higher in trims, I don't think the value is there. Quality is lacking. It definitely lacks refinement. Maybe that will improve with production changes.

Whereas the Santa Cruz if aimed at people who want a nicer quality, a nice ride, and a SUV with a usable bed.

One of the YouTube reviewers also has a good way of defining them. "one of them is a trucky-car and the other is a caree-truck"

Ford is gonna sell a ton of Mavericks. The hybrid is an incredible deal. If you can get your hands on one. Plus, you'll probably see more variations on models with the Maverick.

Outlaw Outlaw any update on your order? Any build date assigned yet?

Reactions: Dan00Hawk
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info