Official Ford Maverick Thread

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Because Fords Stock is already pretty much junk if its not EV its a waste of resources.

View attachment 75800
The Escape is already here and doing fine. The difference is really just a few stamps and molds in the grand scheme. The amount of monetary resources it took to create the Maverick are about equal to what the CEO snorts off their desk for lunch.

it would be different if they wanted to come up with some completely new and risky platform with new tech. This isn't it. Even though this Maverick stuff is going on in the foreground, they are already are "all-in" on EV stuff at their experimental and new product engineering sites. Ask me how I know.

People love to say "the future is now" but after visiting a lot of these engineering facilities and working for one, I can honestly say that the future is at least 10 years old. Until that "ground breaking technology" finally hits the road, you need to stay relevant in cheaper ways. Every automaker does it.

Reactions: RAM-ROD

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
If the future is 10 years old WTF has Ford been doing for the last 20?

I think you are grossly under estimating the mess Ford is in their Stocks less than $10 dollars for christ sakes.

Their last CEO sucked big time.

The current Explorer launch has been a mess.

The F150 is likely only thing saving them at the moment.

lastly you just said need to stay relevant......

Umm yeah thats EV........

Id agree with you if sales for this mini pickup wouldnt cannabalize Ranger sales.

How many mini pickups does Ford need when the Ranger doesnt sell very well either.

"because yourve been in the facilitiy" is like me saying I know how to build a missile because I work for a DOD contractor :LOL::ROFLMAO:

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
If the future is 10 years old WTF has Ford been doing for the last 20?

I think you are grossly under estimating the mess Ford is in their Stocks less than $10 dollars for christ sakes.

Their last CEO sucked big time.

The current Explorer launch has been a mess.

The F150 is likely only thing saving them at the moment.

lastly you just said need to stay relevant......

Umm yeah thats EV........

Id agree with you if sales for this mini pickup wouldnt cannabalize Ranger sales.

How many mini pickups does Ford need when the Ranger doesnt sell very well either.

"because yourve been in the facilitiy" is like me saying I know how to build a missile because I work for a DOD contractor :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I'm not qualified to say anything so you are? All I'm saying is that it's clear how little you know about the industry. You look at stocks like it's says everything there is to know. Perhaps they need a restructure. I wouldn't argue that, but that's not the point. You diverted. To say they need to say need to put 100% of their resources into EVs is not only silly, it's impossible.

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I'm not qualified to say anything so you are? All I'm saying is that it's clear how little you know about the industry. You look at stocks like it's says everything there is to know. Perhaps they need a restructure. I wouldn't argue that, but that's not the point. You diverted. To say they need to say need to put 100% of their resources into EVs is not only silly, it's impossible.

Thats not at all what I said. Nor intended. Neither of us have a clue how the companies are run.

My only point is that Ford is a disaster of its own let alone try squeeze out niche vehicles when the Ranger already doesnt sell very well so hey make another pickup but smaller.

Most automakers have dicked the dog for far too long on EVs and now their lunch is being stolen by a few that do have EV tech.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
You think 10 years of development is a long time? Do you know how long Cummins dicked around with the V8 shit show that was finally thrown in the Nissan for only a couple years and axed?

Yes 10 years is nothing unless you are Dodge or Nissan and have been selling vehicles on the same chassis for a decade plus.

This mini truck is pointless.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Add Bronco to the mess too.

Dont give me the covid excuse either if you want to think this mini truck is a good idea thats not nearly as dealer lot ready as the Bronco.

Ford is a damn mess with ADHD

Look a new Explorer!

Nahh just kidding we fucked up the launch

Look a new Bronco! Hey look another version of the Bronco but smaller!

Nahh just kidding those are delayed too!

Hey look check out this mini truck! Thats a bastardized transit or escape or whatever it is!

Nahh never mind what little resources we do have instead of putting it into the EVs lets piss it away on on 19486827 models of irrelevancy.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
I think this has potential. But where I'm struggling is how do they price this? Going off base price, Eco Sport is just under 20k, the killed off Fusion is at 23k, Escape 24k, Ranger 25k. Price this at 24 or 25 and it takes sales from the Escape and or Ranger. I feel like this should have been the Ranger even though ford needed the Ranger to compete with the mid size trucks.

I do think Ford has too many makes.

Eco Sport
Escape
Baby Bronco
Bronco
Edge
Explorer
Expedition
And I'll throw the Ranger in there too. Now add the Maverick? Next they'll decided to bring the Fusion Active over again.

Reactions: Rent Free

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
It needs to be smaller. Focus/escape chassis is a good start IMO.

New Colorados and Rangers are the size of their 1/2 ton big brothers of 10 years ago until you get inside them. Plus, as said, when the price gap is relatively small between a Ranger and an F-150 excluding incentives on 150’s that drop it further, they really don’t make a whole lot of sense to me personally.

There’s a reason why fleets are still running 06-11 Rangers and wont give them up.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

New Colorados and Rangers are the size of their 1/2 ton big brothers of 10 years ago until you get inside them. Plus, as said, when the price gap is relatively small between a Ranger and an F-150 excluding incentives on 150’s that drop it further, they really don’t make a whole lot of sense to me personally.

There’s a reason why fleets are still running 06-11 Rangers and wont give them up.

I dunno about Ford but in the GM World I'd call BS on this. We were looking at a loaded Colorado out the door for under 30 in Marchish. Looking on Hawk's site right now they're listing Colorados for 33-34K and a base line Silverado for 38. That's about 5-6K difference or 15%ish. Not really a "small gap" in my mind anyways.

Then again my dad probably paid what 15K for his 1994 S10 2.2 5 speed? Base MSRP only seems to be $10K.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
15% seems pretty small to me, personally. Option for option I think the Ranger/Colorado should be somewhere in the 25% range. It doesn’t seem far fetched to me for a ranger to be $30,000 against an F-150’s $40,000, especially knowing how little $40,000 gets you on an F-150 lol

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon

I think an US market version of the Tornado with a Sonic engine would be pretty cool. I don't know if I could handle having a cab that tiny though. :LOL:
1607911198821.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info