📆 TCG EVENT **Feeler Thread** TCG Spring Cruise to the Ozarks - Weekend of June 22nd

Would you join us on this cruise if we were to put it together!?

• Total voters

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
So, we ( Mook Mook & Bottle Rocket Bottle Rocket ) are tossing around a cruise to the Ozarks in either early to middish May or early June.

This would be a two night stay type cruise.

Everything posted below is very rough draft.

Please let us hear your thoughts!

ITINERARY:

Day 1: Chicago to St. Louis, Missouri

• Start in Chicago and head south on I-55.
  • Take a scenic detour on Route 66, known as the "Mother Road," for a nostalgic experience.
  • Arrive in St. Louis and explore the Gateway Arch and the surrounding areas.
  • Drive to the top of the Gateway Transportation Center for a panoramic view of the city.
Overnight Stay in St. Louis

Day 2: St. Louis to the Ozarks

• Head south on I-44 towards the Ozarks.
  • Explore the beautiful Ozark National Scenic Riverways, known for its crystal-clear springs and rivers.
  • Visit the Current River for its scenic beauty.
  • Drive through the Mark Twain National Forest for winding roads and picturesque landscapes.
Overnight Stay in the Ozarks

Day 3: Ozarks to Chicago

• Continue your journey through the Ozarks on scenic highways.
  • Explore the Ha Ha Tonka State Park, known for its castle ruins and natural bridges.
  • Take Route 54 for a scenic drive through the Lake of the Ozarks region.
  • Head back to Chicago to complete the trip.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
1000002816.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Teege24 and Mook

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Depending on how much time there is to travel to St. Louis, if you're taking Rt. 66 there is the Pontiac-Oakland museum in Pontiac, IL. I have been there a couple of times, and will need a good 30-60 minutes to walk around it.

Plus all the other Americana items along that route.
As long as time is on our side, I am open to making stops to bask in all the Americana glory we can!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
As long as time is on our side, I am open to making stops to bask in all the Americana glory we can!
Heading south on Rt. 66, for a few miles before entering Pontiac, you are driving next the original concrete road. There are a few places that you can pull off to take photos on it. I-55 is to the northwest.

1706550494079.png

1706550548730.png

• Wow
Reactions: Teege24

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So, we ( Mook Mook & Bottle Rocket Bottle Rocket ) are tossing around a cruise to the Ozarks in either early to middish May or early June.

This would be a two night stay type cruise.

Everything posted below is very rough draft.

Please let us hear your thoughts!

ITINERARY:

Day 1: Chicago to St. Louis, Missouri

• Start in Chicago and head south on I-55.
  • Take a scenic detour on Route 66, known as the "Mother Road," for a nostalgic experience.
  • Arrive in St. Louis and explore the Gateway Arch and the surrounding areas.
  • Drive to the top of the Gateway Transportation Center for a panoramic view of the city.
Overnight Stay in St. Louis

Day 2: St. Louis to the Ozarks

• Head south on I-44 towards the Ozarks.
  • Explore the beautiful Ozark National Scenic Riverways, known for its crystal-clear springs and rivers.
  • Visit the Current River for its scenic beauty.
  • Drive through the Mark Twain National Forest for winding roads and picturesque landscapes.
Overnight Stay in the Ozarks

Day 3: Ozarks to Chicago

• Continue your journey through the Ozarks on scenic highways.
  • Explore the Ha Ha Tonka State Park, known for its castle ruins and natural bridges.
  • Take Route 54 for a scenic drive through the Lake of the Ozarks region.
  • Head back to Chicago to complete the trip.
This sounds like an amazing trip! The itinerary seems well-planned, with a good mix of scenic drives and interesting stops along the way. Starting in Chicago and heading south on I-55 is a great choice, and taking a detour on Route 66 will definitely add to the nostalgic experience. St. Louis offers plenty of attractions, such as the Gateway Arch, and the panoramic view from the Gateway Transportation Center sounds breathtaking.

Heading towards the Ozarks on Day 2 seems like a fantastic idea. The Ozark National Scenic Riverways and Current River are definitely worth exploring for their natural beauty. Driving through the Mark Twain National Forest sounds like a treat, with its winding roads and picturesque landscapes.

On Day 3, the Ha Ha Tonka State Park with its castle ruins and natural bridges sounds like a unique and intriguing stop. And a scenic drive through the Lake of the Ozarks region on Route 54 would be a perfect way to end the trip.

Overall, the itinerary seems well-balanced, offering a mix of city exploration and natural beauty. I'm sure many people would be interested in joining this cruise to the Ozarks.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
This sounds like an amazing trip! The itinerary seems well-planned, with a good mix of scenic drives and interesting stops along the way. Starting in Chicago and heading south on I-55 is a great choice, and taking a detour on Route 66 will definitely add to the nostalgic experience. St. Louis offers plenty of attractions, such as the Gateway Arch, and the panoramic view from the Gateway Transportation Center sounds breathtaking.

Heading towards the Ozarks on Day 2 seems like a fantastic idea. The Ozark National Scenic Riverways and Current River are definitely worth exploring for their natural beauty. Driving through the Mark Twain National Forest sounds like a treat, with its winding roads and picturesque landscapes.

On Day 3, the Ha Ha Tonka State Park with its castle ruins and natural bridges sounds like a unique and intriguing stop. And a scenic drive through the Lake of the Ozarks region on Route 54 would be a perfect way to end the trip.

Overall, the itinerary seems well-balanced, offering a mix of city exploration and natural beauty. I'm sure many people would be interested in joining this cruise to the Ozarks.

Unfortunately, I am unable to join the road trip to the Ozarks due to personal commitments that I have already made. I have important family obligations during the same time period that I cannot reschedule or cancel. My presence is required for a family event that has been planned for several months, and it would be considered highly disrespectful for me to be absent. Although I wish I could accompany everyone on this trip, I must prioritize my existing commitments and fulfill my responsibilities to my family. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Haha
Reactions: Teege24

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Unfortunately, I am unable to join the road trip to the Ozarks due to personal commitments that I have already made. I have important family obligations during the same time period that I cannot reschedule or cancel. My presence is required for a family event that has been planned for several months, and it would be considered highly disrespectful for me to be absent. Although I wish I could accompany everyone on this trip, I must prioritize my existing commitments and fulfill my responsibilities to my family. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
DeezuzGPT

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I completely understand and respect your decision. Family obligations should always come first, and it's important to prioritize them. I'm sure there will be other opportunities for you to join future road trips and events. Your commitment to your family is commendable, and I hope you have a wonderful time at your family event. We'll definitely miss having you on the trip, but we'll make sure to share all the amazing experiences with you when we return. Take care!

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
No worries at all! Family commitments should always come first, and it's understandable that you have prior obligations that cannot be rescheduled. We appreciate you letting us know and we completely respect your decision. There will be plenty of opportunities for future trips and events, so hopefully, we can catch you on the next one. Enjoy your family event, and we'll make sure to share all the fun and adventures with you when we return. Take care!

Thread Info