Thanks , not a bad looking wheels but I might change them
I am VERY satisfied with how you spend your money. :fy:

Haa haa . Thanks
Very nice toy
Thanks
I'm not sure how many :fy: I can post but :fy:
Thanks
Awesome hopefully I see this thing out I’ve always loved these cars
Thanks , I'll have it out , not sure if I want take a car like that on a longer trips
Damn that's nice.
Thanks
God damn. Congratulations!
Thanks
Thanks
Awesome Man, Congratulations ?
Thanks
Congrats, awesome purchase
Thanks
Congrats! great find!!
Thanks
Nice score. I bet your wife is gonna keep you from the car shows going forward. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks , she doesn't care about cars much so she doesn't bother me when I buy a new car which is nice
Nice purchase.

Is it a real DZ 302 out of a 1969 Z28? If it is, yank it, sell it for nice money, and put a real motor in it.

Let me know if you need original type restoration stuff for the car. That is what my company specializes in. :bigthumb:
Thanks , I'll definitely be in touch , few things I want to add / redo over winter time . Not touching the powertrain this season
Oh hell yes! Congrats!
Thanks
This works...
Thanks
Thanks

Nice purchase. That is definitely a cool car.
Thanks

Reactions: cdh027 and Spivitz

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
It would be a shame to pull that engine. Not everything needs to be racecar.

not sure what I'll do with the powertrian but this car will never be turned into a dedicated race car
An LS or lt making 500-600 doesnt have to be racecar and way better then that 302.

Always wanted a 69 camaro with the rs headlights. Nice car.
Thanks
Quite an awesome find! What's not to love about a 69 Camaro..
Its possibly one of the best automotive designs ever.
Thanks , my favorite year is 69 , got what I wanted
I love it.
Thanks
Thanks , they are out there
Derek, how long before you LS swap it???
Not interested in LS swap this car ,it will be the same as most of them out there that have LS3 engines , 've bunch of them with LS3/LS2 engines
Sounds healthy for a little 302.
it sounds pretty decent for a stock car
I don’t think that’s a lot of money for a real z/28 clean car.
Yea , I think it was a pretty good deal
Agreed, like real cheap for a real 1969 z28. A good buy for sure. Especially if it has the original driveline and what not. Seeing as the average price for a nice restored 69 z28 is like $50k-$55K. A car with the correct driveline, date coded parts, and OE style restoration sell for $70k-$80k. Granted, this car doesn't have a lot of OE parts on it and isn't a OE restoration. But still cheaper than any complete & running Z28 I've seen in a long time.

I mean, this car just sold for $18k.

owner said every single exterior body panel is original OEM part , OEM bumpers , OEM emblems, interior is pretty much all OEM too . Car set in the garage for like 30 years , he bought it few years ago and did all the work himself
Wow! I owned two when I was younger. My suggestion to you is make it a numbers matching Z28 and it will be a 6 figure car!
Thanks , not sure what I'm going to do with this car yet . I have no plans of selling it anytime soon
Awesome ride, congrats!
Thanks
I saw you post this on SVTP earlier today.

Few guys want some engine pics, haha.

Great looking ride man. This thing is super clean and looks like such a blast to have.

Thanks , it's a pretty nice clean car that was done nice
Im lucky if I can buy a coffee at a cars and coffee event, this guys buying 1969 Camaros. :s00ls:

Beautiful car by the way.....

Thanks , haa ha that's funny
Im more interested in pictures of the inside of that gun safe. Jeebus. :bowrofl:

Nothing in there , it's all empty LOL
Awesome find, looks like it’s in great condition.

Thanks

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Sick car, congrats!

BUT...FWIW...I highly suggest beefing up your garage security given what you have in there. Safe in plain view of open windows, which are easy to break through

I'd close off the windows at a minimum
I live on a 5.5 acre property so don't have many people walking around my house .

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Drove them both today . Night and day LOL

20191022_194458.jpg

20191022_194541.jpg

20191022_194623.jpg

20191022_194801.jpg

20191022_194334.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
owner said every single exterior body panel is original OEM part , OEM bumpers , OEM emblems, interior is pretty much all OEM too . Car set in the garage for like 30 years , he bought it few years ago and did all the work himself

All original body panels and drivetrain is a big deal for sure. Originality is where these cars bring good money. Does it have rear disc brakes? I noticed it didn't have the OE style proportioning valve.

Do the seats have white stitching? The original seats had white stitching. You don't see too many cars with that anymore. Most have been recovered by now.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
All original body panels and drivetrain is a big deal for sure. Originality is where these cars bring good money. Does it have rear disc brakes? I noticed it didn't have the OE style proportioning valve.

Do the seats have white stitching? The original seats had white stitching. You don't see too many cars with that anymore. Most have been recovered by now.
Has original rear drum brakes, owner added power steering to make a live more easy. Seats haven't been recovered as they were in pretty good shape , they have been dyed black, they were originally light blue .

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
I need to decide what to do with this car . Keep it in this condition and take it to few local shows or change bunch of stuff and drive it . Car in this condition isn't fun to drive , I don't see myself taking it on a longer trips. It's a 50 year old car and it sure drives like one LOL . To make the car more fun / drivable on longer trips I'd have to change few things . Suspension setup , seats , less noisy exhaust, brakes , electric radiator fan, Dynamat the shit out of the car to reduce the exhaust and outside noise .shifter or transmission will have to be changed too . I have never seen such of sloppy shifter, gears are like a foot a part on a shifter LOL I'm used to nice close ratio short throw shifter not this extra extra long throw shifter.

2 options here
1.keep it as is and have limited usage
2. Change bunch of parts and enjoy the piss out of it

Last edited:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Those classic muscle cars are great to look at but aren't fun to drive. Drive further than the local cruise night and you can see they aren't very enjoyable. They can't compare to new cars. That is why these cars are being restored with everything besides the body being updated to new tech. Classic looks with modern suspension, drivelines, technology, and so on.

Option 2 sounds like a lot of time and money to invest into it. Finding a done car would probably be way cheaper. But maybe you are just looking for a project to work on and make your own. Luckily, there is a TON of options for suspension and chassis upgrades for these cars.

Reactions: frank and The Beast

Thread Info