Oct 5, 2012
So I haz more swing set

20200905_181659.jpg

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
This fire is a little bigger than your guys’ lol. It’s raining ash today, car was covered after being parked outside for a couple hours. This is the Cameron Peak fire that’s over 23,000 acres and only 5% contained. Has been burning since mid august but this is the worst it’s looked so far.

23D845BC-8261-47F3-9BDC-AA0845889692.jpeg

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I just want to throw this out there.
It doesn't look like your swingset was made with pressure treated wood so this is not aimed at you, just a public service announcement in case anybody else was thinking about torching an old wooden swingset.

It's a really bad idea to burn pressure treated lumber.

<snip>
Disposing of a pressure treated wood through burning comes with severe health and environmental hazards.

Burning pressure treated lumber is illegal in all 50 states.

The other name for treated wood is CCA lumber. Where the abbreviation CCA stands for Copper, Chromium, and Arsenic. According to studies, a single 12ft x 2in x 6in board of treated wood has arsenic that can kill 250 grown-ups.

Burning is, in fact, the fastest way of releasing these chemicals to the environment. One tablespoon of ash of a pressure treated wood is exceptionally lethal.
<snip>

Don't mean to be a Karen, but have been surprised that some do not know how nasty the leftovers are.

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It doesn't look like your swingset was made with pressure treated wood so this is not aimed at you, just a public service announcement in case anybody else was thinking about torching an old wooden swingset.

<snip>
Disposing of a pressure treated wood through burning comes with severe health and environmental hazards.

The other name for treated wood is CCA lumber. Where the abbreviation CCA stands for Copper, Chromium, and Arsenic. According to studies, a single 12ft x 2in x 6in board of treated wood has arsenic that can kill 250 grown-ups.

Burning is, in fact, the fastest way of releasing these chemicals to the environment. One tablespoon of ash of a pressure treated wood is exceptionally lethal.
<snip>

Don't mean to be a Karen, but have been surprised that some do not know how nasty the leftovers are.
I have been with people that have tried to burn MDF, like store-bought shelving. Had to inform them they were trying to burn mostly glue and the fumes/smoke was pretty bad for them.

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017

My moron neighbor behind me thought it was ok to burn PT. And carpet padding. [emoji2361]

Thread Info