Movie Black Adam

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Cavill is like the PERFECT casting for Superman, that is what fans are pissed off about. They finally got him back in the DC Universe and then Gunn gets rid of him again....

I would give Gunn the benefit of the doubt since the GoTG movies are my favorites, but I think getting rid of Cavill was a mistake.
I agree, I liked him as superman and thought Man of Steel was good. They said they are using a time line with him being younger. But may work with him in the future. With everyone using multiple time lines and universes, who's to say he won't be back sooner than later? Flashpoint is the last of the old DCSU. But hopefully it'll carry some aspects of the DCEU into the DCU.

I agree that the DCEU was a dumpster fire. There were very few good movies and characters. I think Wonder Woman, superman, and batman were very good. The other characters I could care less about what happens with them. The MCU did much better with that. Tags why they were able to successfully build a universe for 10 years. Even there, I wonder how it'll continue.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Cavill as Superman was great, but Batfleck sucked, and Gadot as WW was hit or miss. The problem is that there wasn't an overall creative direction, and they farmed out who creative decisions to whoever.
Yeah, I thought after the first WW film that she cemented that as her role as long as she wanted it, then after WW84 I was very "meh" on the entire thing.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So your mad that Gunn is not using any of the previous dumpster fire? I'm confused. haha

Cavill is like the PERFECT casting for Superman, that is what fans are pissed off about. They finally got him back in the DC Universe and then Gunn gets rid of him again....

I would give Gunn the benefit of the doubt since the GoTG movies are my favorites, but I think getting rid of Cavill was a mistake.
Yup. He's a fan favorite that they rightfully decided to bring back, then they changed their minds 7 weeks later.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yeah, I thought after the first WW film that she cemented that as her role as long as she wanted it, then after WW84 I was very "meh" on the entire thing.
She was absolutely great in the first wonder woman. Then ww84 was a pile of shit.

It's shocking that both movies had the same director

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
She was absolutely great in the first wonder woman. Then ww84 was a pile of shit.

It's shocking that both movies had the same director
I think the story line and script sucked. There was no real saving it.

It seems when ever there are two baddies, the story and character development suffers greatly. There was no need for two baddies in WW1984. Either one on their own could have had a full story line that worked.

Although it worked with Lex Luther and Zodd. Because Lex took a back seat as he was a long term storyline character. This was setting him up for future projects. Where Zodd was the focus of the antagonist. In WW1984 they were both throw away Characters.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info