Best rag joints

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Halp!

68 f250 ford rag joint.

Where in the bloody hell can you get a good one?

Right now the 55 year old one looks better quality than the made in China cheapo I have.

I am not putting that thing on here with everything else being good quality

They have silicone an Kevlar or something nowadays?

Knuckles with new kingpin bushings properly clocked and pressed in (want it done right, do it yerself) are at opel for at least a week, so bonus points for a local supplier :rofl:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Surprised you haven't made one yet. A person with access to the facilities you do should be able to knock something out stupid fast.

I was under the impression most of the fancy shit to connect a steering wheel to a box used U-joints now not rag joints.

Oddly the A-body guys would retrofit using Astro Van steering shafts bastardized with a Jeep Grand Cherokee shaft or something like that from what I remember.

Reactions: sktchy

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Even the safety pins are wrong dia.

Yes I know the cab is low, cab bushings are 55 years old.
20240123_202723.jpg

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
No really, you, of all people, like you can't just pull a u joint and a couple of chunks of square stock that fit together out of a corner and glue that shit together with more precision than the entire r and d department that designed the thing to begin with 😂😂😂

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Surprised you haven't made one yet. A person with access to the facilities you do should be able to knock something out stupid fast.

I was under the impression most of the fancy shit to connect a steering wheel to a box used U-joints now not rag joints.

Oddly the A-body guys would retrofit using Astro Van steering shafts bastardized with a Jeep Grand Cherokee shaft or something like that from what I remember.

This was most helpful but also unhelpful...

You reminded me I have a borgeson joint somewhere....

Cons, it's 5/8 36 not 3/4 36 spline
:fu:

I could waterjet an adapter to let me weld the column to the 1inch D shaft end :rofl:

:fu:

Anyone need this thing?
20240123_220357.jpg

Reactions: sktchy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info