Anybody used a replacement ICM harness?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
It's wild to think that my Camaro is approaching it's 20th birthday. With that comes crusty harnesses and fun intermittent electrical gremlins. I have some shittiness going on in my crank or cam sensor circuit, so I started doing some preliminary research on the connector pigtails and pinouts. In the process, I stumbled on a potentially huge time saver.
Removable Dorman crank, cam, and ICM harness
1634738791378.png

Honestly, I had no idea that all of this was even detachable from the main harness. I'm going to try removing mine when I get home, and if it's true for the Camaros then I'm going to be one ecstatic sonofabitch. Has anybody here bought one of these? I assume that the one size fits all 3800s description is true but also false given that 3800s had a few different ICM locations. Regardless, if my OE harness comes off like the pic suggests, I'm buying the Dorman crap and not looking back. Even if some stuff needs to be lengthened to fit right, I'll have the benefit of doing it on a bench and starting with new wire.

Reactions: TurboTPI and sktchy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• v6buicks
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list