🔧 BUILD Upside-down M90 GTP build thread

General Information

When your wife gives you permission to build a racecar, you build a racecar.

This is what happened to me. However, all funding for this project comes out of my construction account. I really need a telehandler, so this is very budget friendly. Luckily, I've been stockpiling parts for years. This isn't an overnight build by any means. My goal is to make a 1/4 mile pass with it before the tracks close for the season. I'm taking a risk here and using photobucket for image hosting, so hopefully they don't screw me over again.

So let's start it off. I bought a 04 L26 motor with somewhere north of 100k on it and started to tear it down.

1689132772823.png

Everything looks good so far. The pistons are really clean. There was some junk sitting in the oil pan, but not much.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Pulled the flexplate and rear cover off to regasket it.

New cam

New LS7 lifters

Set timing straight up.

Lifters in.

Rockers on.

Measured my pushrods last night. This is at zero lash, so I can either order them .050" longer or turn the adjustment down another round.

The pushrods that came with the cam are nowhere near long enough. I have a set that came with the heads, so I'll have to measure those and see if they are close.

I also need to get the crank sprocket chamfered now that pushrods are measured.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I'm not trying to steal your glory, but I think we have a very similar built so far! I'm excited to see your outcome because you used the 04 block and I used a 06. We also have the same cam and I think springs. What size injectors did you go with? I'm very excited to see your build!

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I'm not trying to steal your glory, but I think we have a very similar built so far! I'm excited to see your outcome because you used the 04 block and I used a 06. We also have the same cam and I think springs. What size injectors did you go with? I'm very excited to see your build!

Hold up....are you running 90# springs on a xpz?

Thread Info