Drag to reposition cover

An m90 build to decimate all

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
Video from the Dyno day on Sunday. Power was pretty weak, but thanks to all the local friends that were there, I had lots of eyes to help me watch it. We found out the bypass is not closing. I'm not sure how it's even making boost, but at least now I know the problem why it's not making the power it should. So, now I'm going to weld that shut, install a bov, and I'm about 97% sure that I'm gonna to fix the transmission myself.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
1.8 pulley with 5% overdrive, what's the math? <--- That's what he's saying. Cause you said you're running a 2.7 with the 5% overdrive. I assume he said that because the blower whine is pretty wild and it sounds like it's being super overdriven.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
I would assume boost, cause who really cares how fast the blower is spinning, the 3800 world doesn't ask anything but what pulley size and how much boost. Innit?

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
Oh, in that case, I have no idea. The drive costs would be tremendous, so little chance of no belt slip. I doubt the math would be accurate.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
I would imagine the drive losses would be insane if there was a way to spin it that fast. I also don't think he was seriously asking. I think the sound of your setup is so unique it'll have people thinking you're running a super small pulley. They certainly won't take the time to read anything you put in the description, TCG and the world, does not read.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I would do it as 2.70/1.05 which is around 2.58". I may be off on this but I think the ratio should be simple being based on linear distances. I would go up on driven pulley size vs down on blower snout pulley size if plausible just due to the belt area up top being small.

Based on a 6.94 stock crank pulley diameter*1.05 divided by 2.7 I get a ratio of ~2.7:1. How odd it worked out evenly like that. You'd be looking at what 16.2K if you were spinning the engine up to 6 grand. Off the sheet if I remember right.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
I would imagine the drive losses would be insane if there was a way to spin it that fast. I also don't think he was seriously asking. I think the sound of your setup is so unique it'll have people thinking you're running a super small pulley. They certainly won't take the time to read anything you put in the description, TCG and the world, does not read.
Ah haha. Ok that makes sense.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
I would do it as 2.70/1.05 which is around 2.58". I may be off on this but I think the ratio should be simple being based on linear distances. I would go up on driven pulley size vs down on blower snout pulley size if plausible just due to the belt area up top being small.

Based on a 6.94 stock crank pulley diameter*1.05 divided by 2.7 I get a ratio of ~2.7:1. How odd it worked out evenly like that. You'd be looking at what 16.2K if you were spinning the engine up to 6 grand. Off the sheet if I remember right.
Yeah, it's easy to figure blower rpm.

I would like to go bigger on the crank, but the ati 10% balancer is like $600.

I found someone selling one with a 28% od pulley, which is around 10". So I could run a big upper and not worry much about belt slip, but I'm not sure that would even clear my subframe.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
How much hp
It made 290. About the only thing encouraging about that is, it's an 11 second car with that power and a good trans. So once I fix my boost leak and dial the tune in, it should run mid 10's at my terrible density altitude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom