1966 Chevelle-making it my own. From stock 283/powerglide to LS3/4L80e and full restoration.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Ok, so a little update. My newly restalled, more n/a friendly converter will be here tomorrow. I went with a yank SS4000. Should leave the hole like a beast so I ordered a HR parts bolt in anti roll bar. It’s supposed to be really street friendly and work great at the track. I would’ve gone trz but I think a more race oriented bar would’ve gotten beat up on the street.

Here’s the bar installed on a car like mine.

b5mJIGQl.png

ALSO NEED OPINIONS
I’m taking out the 2 inner bright headlights and replacing it with a screen/aluminum air funnel and will be routing tubing like a ram air to the air filter. Is it cheesy? Closest example I could find to my car using the same parts. I only need one side but idk how I’d like only one. Thoughts on this?

iM109Yfl.jpg

8sgYQO4l.jpg

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
id be interested to see how the plumbing for those inlets would turn out under the hood

PS, whats the specs on the old converter?

It was a pas3400. Was seeing 1700 drops on shifts. And pathetic (for my e.t) 1.7 60’ with a best of 1.69. Got into the 1.6’s by adding 3lbs of air to the rear tires.

Can't wait to see what that convertor does for you. Also, I like the intakes, and would agree maybe powder the screens black?

Chris

I’m guesing .2 better 60, 1-3 more mph with ram air set up, and .4-.5 overall picked up in the 1/4. I also took about 70lbs out of the car. Without me in it car should weigh just under 3350 this year.

Thread Info