đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yeah we'll need to figure out a way to make the pool safe, both for kids and to keep the neighborhood deer from stepping in to it and ripping up the cover lol. Those are future problems, not today problems. I'm sure at least some of the pool area itself will need a metal fence, but I won't do the whole back yard. No need
Your home owners and or city may require a fence if you have a pool put in.
Lake Zurich made my nephew install a fence around the pool with a locking staircase/gate, the ones that connects to the pool. Plus they require a fence around the back yard which he already had. His home owners also required the yard to be fenced with a gate

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Your home owners and or city may require a fence if you have a pool put in.
Lake Zurich made my nephew install a fence around the pool with a locking staircase/gate, the ones that connects to the pool. Plus they require a fence around the back yard which he already had. His home owners also required the yard to be fenced with a gate
Porter co isn't that loony. As long as it doesn't present a legit hazard you'll be fine. You can do a fence around the pool, or around the yard, you definitely don't need both. I've heard you can avoid the fence altogether if you have one of those beefy automatic covers, but I wouldn't do that because deer would destroy the cover on day 1

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
No fence for you. Guess the neighborhood hoodlums (high school kids) are going to cut through your yard.

disgusted face GIF

No they are good with walking on the sidewalk. I just wish I could park on the street during the day.

i don't like fences personally. But when we do a pool we're going to line the one side of our back yard with some sort of pencil trees so that neighbors can't easily see us

the other two sides of the back yard are private af, no fence needed

I don't like fences either. There was a wire fence in the backyard when I moved in. It had like 6" squares. So it wasn't for privacy but to keep people and larger animals out. A previous owner must have had a large dog as there was also a pen behind the garage,

When my neighbor had their house for sale, I came home one day and she pulled down my fence that was next to her patio. Like WTF? I wasn't too upset as the fence was old and I like the openness. As their yard butts up to a park, The new neighbors are real nice. But have two big dogs they just let out their back door. They don't have a backyard. So then the dogs run into my yard to shit. I've had to text them several times as I see their dogs unattended shitting in my backyard. So I want to do a nice fence and not have to worry about issues with neighbors anymore.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
No they are good with walking on the sidewalk. I just wish I could park on the street during the day.

I don't like fences either. There was a wire fence in the backyard when I moved in. It had like 6" squares. So it wasn't for privacy but to keep people and larger animals out. A previous owner must have had a large dog as there was also a pen behind the garage,

When my neighbor had their house for sale, I came home one day and she pulled down my fence that was next to her patio. Like WTF? I wasn't too upset as the fence was old and I like the openness. As their yard butts up to a park, The new neighbors are real nice. But have two big dogs they just let out their back door. Then the dogs run into my yard to shit. I've had to text them several times as I see their dogs unattended shitting in my backyard. So I want to do a nice fence and not have to worry about issues with neighbors anymore.
You want to be able to shit in your own yard in peace, we get it.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Get the 9-pin if you want to be able to transfer data.

I do. But I don't run a thick armor case, Just a this case.

Maybe I'll look into a newer one. The ones I used before sucked. The one in my car sucks too,

A couple of them came from FB and NextDoor recommendations I saw. I'm going to try a few more.

The deck I'll probably fix bad boards and restain it. It'll pass for a couple more years. If it goes quickly enough, I'll reskin the whole thing. I don't really want to build a complete fense. It'll take me forever with the free time I have to put towards it. Plus digging holes for posts sounds horrible. haha

I thought the fence might be a little pricey. Something nice like below. But at those prices, no way. The deck about gave me a heart attack. Like no fucking way would I ever pay that much.

0548677e6432786dd8df61eb3aaec139_XL.jpg
Putting in 300’ of this style fence in cedar with wood wrapped steel posts. $11k and another $1700 for pre staining it all. Cedar Mill Fence.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Custom meaning he builds the panels vs buying pre-built panels?
My neighbor had someone tell him the same shit, "we build custom panels" and it turned out to be the same as pre-built panels lol
My compa lives on an acre and fenced it all in. Now I gota ask him how much he paid. He is a cheap ass too.
All them years in your custom home you don’t have a fence?
ES
I can't imagine what my fence would cost now. We went with aluminum and it was just shy of $10k back in 2015.
We paid $2900 for our fence along the road which is like 90 ft wide. Vinyl they quoted $12k. I was like fuck dat I was planning on flipping the house anyway. 19 years later here I am having to replace fence. It’s deteriorating from the landscapers edging the bottom of my fence. The frame is still good just need to replace panels.
Can't 10 yr finance a pure
Mex is cash only. Wypipo will finance.
He doesn't, the quote will reflect that
He contacted me a couple of times to come out but I was broke dick at the time.
He'll see Juan's last name as Horowitz and know....
Soy codo y que??

• Haha

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
WTF!!! 10 pages back Shawn offered to everyone the the chance to come drive his 71 and not one person took him up on it!!!! Shawn I'll be over Saturday to drive the 71 for brake noise. I'll need to keep it about a week to make sure its quiet in all different conditions and time of day!....lol

Reactions: Shawn1112

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
WTF!!! 10 pages back Shawn offered to everyone the the chance to come drive his 71 and not one person took him up on it!!!! Shawn I'll be over Saturday to drive the 71 for brake noise. I'll need to keep it about a week to make sure its quiet in all different conditions and time of day!....lol

I missed it. Otherwise I would have walked over.

Thread Info