đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
This looks absurdly expensive lol. Why not just use zip R, seems like that’s more than enough
You could honestly just do a staggered stud wall as well and get the same effect, or actually better most likely because I assume the dowels in the T Stud are still bridging some....

1709732122478.png

Then do Zip R on top of that because why the hell not. :bowrofl:

1709732016837.png

Reactions: Blood on Blood

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
You could honestly just do a staggered stud wall as well and get the same effect, or actually better most likely because I assume the dowels in the T Stud are still bridging some....

View attachment 199263
It all seems like overkill IMO

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
It all seems like overkill IMO
Guess it depends on the location.... Overkill for the South? im sure, overkill in Alaska? Not so much....

I just enjoy looking at all the different types of builds and styles of build just to get ideas on how things would work and things like that.

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

View attachment 199265

View attachment 199263
Great for sound proofing with staggered studs too. Sound won't carry between rooms

Reactions: FESTER665

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
People would do staggered studs on an interior wall? Whaaaaaat
yeah, I never heard of it before and fell into a youtube hole a month ago. Makes it so the rooms are basically sound isolated from each other so vibrations don't transfers from the room 1 drywall->stud->room 2 drywall and then into the room.

Also learned sound is fucking weird.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Oh trust me the want is strong!

I have two buddies who bought and built theirs over the winter. Waiting for spring to dyno-tune them and hit the track.

It sucks as the model most guys were building these out of was dropped by Ford. So basically you have to spend an additional $8-$10k for a truck with only a few more options. booooooo!

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info