đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Redoing my “office” and wife and I can’t agree on shit. She wants a reading room extra bedroom. Fuck it, I’m going to the basement like a troll. I actually like it. Maybe now I will organize basement and throw away all the old crap.
View attachment 198967
Welcome to the club, where its pant and sweater season 24/7/365

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Tweaked my back this morning, been laying on my back for a couple hours.

Why lying here, I have to be the last auto enthusiast to know the Ford 2019+ F150 5.0 and 2.7 have a belt driven oil pump, as does the Duramax, and likely other engines out there do.

I knew about the EcoSport issues.

The sacrifices for emissions and fuel economy.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I would say parade was a success yesterday. People left around 6 .

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0213.jpeg

IMG_0216.jpeg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
You should have finished your basement along time ago when everything was cheap and your mansion would be worth more.
I have bad luck with basements flooding. Our friend painted the basement ceiling all black and it looked nice. Maybe that and tint the concrete floor and paint walls. But that would mean clean up the basement.

Reactions: Aircal

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
For that price I’d agree lol. I actually sit in one myself. I prefer the Aeron chair if your glued to the chair a majority of the day.
Love that chair. Comfy for gaming at night for a few hours. Just wish the bottom was mesh so it’d mitigate the swamp-ass of the leather. Alas, it’s solid and comfy AF and the price couldn’t be beat.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I have bad luck with basements flooding. Our friend painted the basement ceiling all black and it looked nice. Maybe that and tint the concrete floor and paint walls. But that would mean clean up the basement.
If you didn’t have any issues the first 5 years you certainly won’t have issues 20 years later. The concrete floor is to cold and when u paint the ceilings black you can hear everything upstairs that’s the only issue with it.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
My dad painted their unfinished basement floor and walls. It made a huge difference in the look down there.

Then he added a dehumidifier and it feels much nicer down there. The consistent temperature and low humidity is really nice.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
My dad painted their unfinished basement floor and walls. It made a huge difference in the look down there.

Then he added a dehumidifier and it feels much nicer down there. The consistent temperature and low humidity is really nice.
If we don’t sell, I will be doing that to the basement. Our family is getting bigger and space for family parties is getting tight. A big party room in the basement would be perfect

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Do you add sand or anything in for grip?
I didn’t end up doing it because wife. I put a bunch of self leveler down and then vapor barrier and laminate. It’s fine but not what I wanted to do. Dgaf anymore and probably moving in the next few years anyways

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If we don’t sell, I will be doing that to the basement. Our family is getting bigger and space for family parties is getting tight. A big party room in the basement would be perfect

Agree with others, drylock paint will do wonders down there.

Previous house we ran dual humidifiers, but tossed them after the Radon Mitigation kit was installed. The kit essentially served as a dual purpose by also eliminating the humidity.

Currently have the mitigation kit installed in this house and no humidity / dampness / mildew in the basement.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
They have this shit called home owners insurance, and you can add flood coverage to it as well.
How many times have you flooded since you have lived there and if any what was the cause?
That’s a racket too. When mine flooded and the water came from the window wells, it wouldn’t have been covered. So we said it was a bad sump pump and I got minimal money.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
They have this shit called home owners insurance, and you can add flood coverage to it as well.
How many times have you flooded since you have lived there and if any what was the cause?
Three times at this house. I was going through sump pumps until I bought a monster 1HP unit which has solved the problem. Then my nephews knocked the water line off the humidifier once. At my first house, twice basement flooded because of weak pumps also.

But the real reason I am not a basement guy is growing up in Chicago my family’s basement would flood all the time. It just happened last year to my pops house. And it’s the shitty sewage water that gets in. Yuck.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Shawn1112 Shawn1112 I was drooling over that video of that 1984 Celica supra. My parents owned one before I could drive. When I got my license, they had a 1987 Celica GT. But I've always liked the look of that earlier boxy car.

I'm surprised you posted about it on IG. You posted "IYKYK". What's the back story? That the car you lost your virginity in? lol

Thread Info