LT1 Stuff

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I fought the good fight for years, but now I wont put another dollar into my LT1. For the cost of heads I could toss a 6.0 in it so whats the point? Mine is basically just going to sit until I either sell it for something more modern or I rip out everything and build something fucking nasty.

I fought the good fight for years, but now I wont put another dollar into my LT1. For the cost of heads I could toss a 6.0 in it so whats the point? Mine is basically just going to sit until I either sell it for something more modern or I rip out everything and build something fucking nasty.

Kind of a true statement- I have a T56, so all of that would have to be changed out, and tuning the OBD1 LT1 at home isnt that bad with the software i already have. Id be very hard pressed to a 6.0 for under 2k.

LE is an option, but i still have iron heads and he'll want aluminum as the cores to trade in, and the small B/D body cam. While Llyod does great work, id still have to find rockers.

Ideally, someone will be getting rid of a hot cam kit sitting in a box that will have the 1.6 RR, and a take off set of stock F-body aluminum heads. That would be a great start, going AL heads i can put some howards springs in and have a nice little pop for next summer. But the iron heads would need some machine work to take the bigger springs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list