TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
League setup for yahoo

ID: 128050
Password: garage12

Its setup for Head to Head-points style and 8-10 teams. Its autodraft, but that can be changed if there is enough interest for a Live draft. We can also change it to 8 teams if there isnt enough people who join.

If you don't like basketball, WE DO NOT CARE, so :gtfo2: :jg:

My team name is GET SUM :hsughlol:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Tell me more. Like do you get points with every game I am guessing. Not once a week like football. How much do you need to watch your lineup?

it depends how the league is set up. I normally set up leagues so that you set your roster before the week starts and you get points for each game and the matchup is a week long. Sometimes players have more games than others. Some leagues are set your roster day-to-day which IMO is a pain in the ass and generally benefits people who do nothing else but watch their team.

EDIT: Didnt realize this was stat categories... YUK. People that are used to fantasy football will prob not like this too much.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I'd be for the set it once a week. I watch games but not nearly every single one.

He has it set for daily, and for stat categories. What this means is that you set your roster daily. This also means that you have to "win" parts of your matchup based on stats. So basically you play your matchup in X amount of categories. For example, you go head to head on points scored, rebounds, assists, FG percentage etc. If you win more of the matchups, you win that game. So if I am playing you, and I have 200 points scored, and you have 194, i win the points matchup. Then it goes to assists, rebounds etc etc. And you win games based on how many matchups you win. Idk if you play each matchup daily and win by that or not.

I always prefer Head-to-Head Points leagues.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
And in a head to head points league, can you give me a cliffs on that? Would that go simply by points scored by your players?

Everything has a point value and they are all tallied up. I generally do points, assists, rebounds, steals and blocks are +1, turnover and fouls are -1. So if your players has 15 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks, 6 turnovers and 3 fouls that player would be worth 23 points for that night. And all ur players would be added together. Really simple.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I think it's good the way it is. This is standard default yahoo head to head with a few more stat categories. I have to go back and check a few settings that I didn't remember to check involving the playoffs. At the beginning of each week I set my lineup for the whole week. The only thing you need to check for is injuries and adjust accordingly. And also adjust for whos hot and who's not. If you have a guy who's playing shitty the beginning I the week you put someone else in from the bench.( more competitive) It's obviously more involved than football since they play several times a week. I don't mind making 2 divisions if that's what people want. Other than that I think it's fine.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I think it's good the way it is. This is standard default yahoo head to head with a few more stat categories. I have to go back and check a few settings that I didn't remember to check involving the playoffs. At the beginning of each week I set my lineup for the whole week. The only thing you need to check for is injuries and adjust accordingly. And also adjust for whos hot and who's not. If you have a guy who's playing shitty the beginning I the week you put someone else in from the bench.( more competitive) It's obviously more involved than football since they play several times a week. I don't mind making 2 divisions if that's what people want. Other than that I think it's fine.

Honestly a Daily roster is the worst thing you can do. You will take the casual fantasy players and give them a HUGE disadvantage. And H2H stat-cat is quite possible the worst type of league you can make. If you are gunna do stat-cat the only way to really do it is to do rotisserie. If you are just attracting a casual fantasy player, like I think most on this site are, H2H points is the only way to go. The way you have it set, 90% of the teams will stop paying attention within 4 weeks. It wont be fun that way. I mean run the league the way you want to run it, just my opinion.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
That's fine, we can do that, I guess I didn't consider some of the fantasy newbs/casual players. I will change it tomorrow. Im down for trying something new.

On a side, why do you say that H2H stat is the worst? A lot of leagues are setup that way. Yes there is more paying attention involved and its not for everyone but how is something wrong with it? Every team has the same advantage/disadvantage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info