Stop smoking....

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
How long have you been smoking?

I quit 10 yrs ago. And I gradually slowed down. If I smoked 5 cigs a day. Iā€™d cut it down to 4 for like no more than a week. And then 3 and so on.

I was able to get down to 1 a day and finally quit. I never smoked in my house or my nice cars either. Which helped ALOT.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I know this may sound weird but I wanted to just prove I was strong to quit. I failed 3 times before gradually slowing down to never fully quit 2 of the times sneaking one hear or there. The third time I quit for 3 months using a quit smoking drug, an unfortunate stressor happened and I started again. I am currently just past 5 years after trying for a fourth time and I did it using myself against me. I picked a day and challenged myself to beat myself by keeping cigarettes, cigars and lighters in all the normal places I smoked. I would tell myself they are right there and I have a choice. It worked for me, I still to this day have a pack on my kitchen counter and a pack in my garage. Hope that makes sense as it made me very strong mentally.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Smoked for close to 20 years. Little over a pack a day and at least 2 packs on drinking days. Seen the amount of money I was wasting which was literally a car payment a month. Quit cold turkey, first 3 months or so were the hardest. Smoke free for almost 5 years now, still get urges here and there.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
^pretty much, smoked for 10 ish years. My body started not to like it. Would cough after every drag, even after going to ultra lights. Quit cold Turkey. Been 12 years. Every now and then when stressed you get an urge, even though I cant stand the smell anymore. They only lat 10 minutes. Chew gum!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info