Any High School Football Fans Here?

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Not sure if any of you guys are high school football fans or not, but the IHSA just made a huge change to the rules. In short, the IHSA just killed off conferences and will be putting school into "districts" based on enrollment and proximity. The IHSA now chooses the school's schedule instead of the school based on the conference.

Sucks pretty bad for those of us that enjoy some of the long standing football rivalries in the Chicagoland.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/g00/suburbs/ct-spt-ihsa-football-districts-20181218-story.html

The Illinois High School Association on Tuesday announced the results of its annual referendum. A proposal to enact district scheduling for football passed by a 324-307 margin, with 69 schools having no opinion. Another 118 schools did not vote on the proposal.

Under the plan, enrollment breakdowns for the eight playoff classes will be determined before the season; currently they are finalized only after the 256-team field is set.

Schools from each class will be placed into eight geographic groups of eight or nine teams by IHSA administrators and will play a round-robin schedule, with one or two dates available for non-district play. The top four teams in each district group will qualify for the playoffs, based on the round-robin records.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
Not sure if any of you guys are high school football fans or not, but the IHSA just made a huge change to the rules. In short, the IHSA just killed off conferences and will be putting school into "districts" based on enrollment and proximity. The IHSA now chooses the school's schedule instead of the school based on the conference.

Sucks pretty bad for those of us that enjoy some of the long standing football rivalries in the Chicagoland.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/g00/suburbs/ct-spt-ihsa-football-districts-20181218-story.html

I would have been more upset about this years back but it feels like teams have been jumping conferences a lot recently (at least locally).

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I would have been more upset about this years back but it feels like teams have been jumping conferences a lot recently (at least locally).
I think this is what created this rule. I didn't even realize that was going on, or was even a problem.

I've been a fan of the Catholic league and the ESCC, and it just seems insane to me to be breaking up those school's schedules. Mount Carmel for example is probably going to end up being in a district with a bunch of shitty CPS schools that can barely field a team.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
I think this is what created this rule. I didn't even realize that was going on, or was even a problem.

I've been a fan of the Catholic league and the ESCC, and it just seems insane to me to be breaking up those school's schedules. Mount Carmel for example is probably going to end up being in a district with a bunch of shitty CPS schools that can barely field a team.

Dupage has been a revolving door.

I graduated Wheaton North in 2008 and the conference was
Wheaton N
Wheaton S
Napperville N
Napperville Central
Glenbard North
Glenbard East
West Chicago
West Aurora.

West Chicago I think left first. Followed by Glenbard east and West aurora. (They got tired of the 1-3 win seasons)

They added Lake park. Added Waubonsie. Added Neuqua valley.

Last year Wheaton North/South/Glenbard North all left and joined the St Charles teams.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Chet Donnelly
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list